cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i had my phone number of 10 years and public mobile gave the same to another person

rishoth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have the cell phone number from chatr for 10 years and all of a sudden public mobile gave the same number to one of their customers and now we are both getting each others phone calls randomly.

i have never lost my number or had it canceled

active number till this day

16 REPLIES 16

@rishoth wrote:

UPDATE ...PUBLIC MOBILE has fixed it. The number was not theirs and changed the public mobile customers phone number out of ours and took our number out of the system. 

Unfortuanately, I've had this happened to me as well. Telus has had an issue for many years, and they also once assigned my number to another customer (this was more than 15 years ago).   Back then, I had also taken my number from Telus to Rogers. 

rishoth

UPDATE ...PUBLIC MOBILE has fixed it. The number was not theirs and changed the public mobile customers phone number out of ours and took our number out of the system. 

@rishoth   do you have service with PM now ?  can you make calls with your PM SIM?

did you ported your number from Chatr into PM before?

Or you have ported out the number from PM to Chatr?

Telus, and PM, occasionally will give out existing number to new subscribers, usually it will get sorted out by the new subscribers changing their number to something else.  I wonder if it is the same situation now 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't think you can reach out public mobile if you are with Chatr..

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rishoth 

you can contact a customer service rep  ,private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

rishoth

chatr has tried to help on their end

rishoth

i am at the moment. makes life hard because public mobile does not have a contact info and its all through this

It's rather unfortunate that Chatr can't help you by going through all this on your behalf. You shouldn't have to come to Public demanding your number not be used by someone here. But here you are. So write to them as described and have them force re-assign a different number to that Public customer so that you continue with your exclusive use of the number.

rishoth

yes started off with public mobile 10 years ago and ported over to chatr

Interesting. That number "belongs" to Telus. Did you start it out with Telus once upon a time? Then did you port it over to Chatr?

There is no number to call here. It's all done by typing in private messaging. Click on the envelope up top by your sim avatar and then click on the little pencil icon on the left side then start typing cs_agent in the to box and it will pop up and you can select it then type a subject if you like then type in the body.

rishoth

no

rishoth

they have tried to fix on their end nothing works. 647859

rishoth

how to do i contact a agent?? i have tried and there is no number?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you have service with chatr or PM?

You should inquire with agent to resolve this issue

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rishoth that is strange, How come public mobile can pick up used number, the number is not unique?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

With Chatr? Or are you here? If Chatr, what does Chatr support have to say?

What are the first 6 digits of the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.