cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan

sybilberk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All

When I signed up for PM I took the $15 a month plan that included 100 within province minutes.  I now see that PM is offering 100 Cross Canada minutes, which I would prefer.  How do I make the change and will I lose my loyalty points and rewards if I do?  Thanks in advance for your replies.

13 REPLIES 13

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bluejaywpg 😂😂

Oops! That word often auto corrects on me

@bluejaywpg wrote:

I had worked it out on a spreadsheet. When they came out with this points rewards system, the only way the points system was better was if you switched to it & got the bonus for switching, AND you planned to leave PM within about 18 months. Otherwise, if you stay with PM for 2 years after the introduction of the points system as is, you will be doing better on the old system than switching.

And that's based on ME. I've been with PM now for just 2 years, with 3 family members (2 of whom I pay for) using my promo code for the last 1-2 years.

For those already on PM for 5 years+, I imagine switching with the bonus offered at the time would them benefit for just a few months before they'd be doing worse.

No wonder PM said nothing comparing the 2 rewards systems. Points rewards is worse, plain & simple. Better than Lucky or Chatr still, but worse than the old PM rewards system.

When it came to the spreadsheet that was for comparing the old rewards to the new points, the problems with it was that it only showed what Public Mobile wanted customers to see.  The loyatly points were front-end loaded to make the new points systems to inititally seem better.  However, the calculations mysteriously stopped after two years, a time after which there is any way under normal cirucumstances for the points system to be better.  As for any arguement that the purchase of expensive add-ons could cause the 5% of points given back to be higher, those situations only make it so that Public Mobile profits more thorugh the sale of high priced add-on packages.  Such customers would be better off at another carrier and being on a plan that didn't require the customer to purchase such add-ons to meet their usage needs.  As for "Jackpot", I could easily buy lottery tickets.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sign into your account, click Change Plan, select the plan, select whether to change on next renewal or right away, submit, done. (These instructions are not 100% exact...)

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to buy a $5 500 minute Canada Wide add on. Then schedule a change to the $15 plan to occur on you next payment date. 

bluejaywpg

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

For me points is worse, 5% on $30 paid (using before autopsy to make it easier) is 1.5 points. But someone paying say $60 is getting 3 points, or 3 dollars. It is better, in some cases. For this part

Loyalty seems worse though. 10 points for a year or $10, vs the grandfathered $1 every month is $12 - but then that gets alot worse when you consider a second year, $2 monthly loyalty or $24, vs what I can tell is just another $10 under points once you reach the 2 year mark. Someone in points under a $60 plan gets $36+$10 so $46. Under rewards they'd get $24+$12 so $36. So less in the shorter term on rewards, but if that $60 plan person sticks around more than 5 years under rewards is looking at $60 loyalty + $24 autopsy so $84 saved in a year. Under points this same person just still gets the $36+$10 or $46 if I'm looking at things properly

Just decided to look at the numbers and break it down a bit lol

(Before any refer a friend or anything of course)

Community rewards/points seems to work the exact same amount wise

I didn't know PM had an autopsy as a reward. 😉

bluejaywpg

I had worked it out on a spreadsheet. When they came out with this points rewards system, the only way the points system was better was if you switched to it & got the bonus for switching, AND you planned to leave PM within about 18 months. Otherwise, if you stay with PM for 2 years after the introduction of the points system as is, you will be doing better on the old system than switching.

And that's based on ME. I've been with PM now for just 2 years, with 3 family members (2 of whom I pay for) using my promo code for the last 1-2 years.

For those already on PM for 5 years+, I imagine switching with the bonus offered at the time would them benefit for just a few months before they'd be doing worse.

No wonder PM said nothing comparing the 2 rewards systems. Points rewards is worse, plain & simple. Better than Lucky or Chatr still, but worse than the old PM rewards system.

Pawprints1986

For me points is worse, 5% on $30 paid (using before autopsy to make it easier) is 1.5 points. But someone paying say $60 is getting 3 points, or 3 dollars. It is better, in some cases. For this part

Loyalty seems worse though. 10 points for a year or $10, vs the grandfathered $1 every month is $12 - but then that gets alot worse when you consider a second year, $2 monthly loyalty or $24, vs what I can tell is just another $10 under points once you reach the 2 year mark. Someone in points under a $60 plan gets $36+$10 so $46. Under rewards they'd get $24+$12 so $36. So less in the shorter term on rewards, but if that $60 plan person sticks around more than 5 years under rewards is looking at $60 loyalty + $24 autopsy so $84 saved in a year. Under points this same person just still gets the $36+$10 or $46 if I'm looking at things properly

Just decided to look at the numbers and break it down a bit lol

(Before any refer a friend or anything of course)

Community rewards/points seems to work the exact same amount wise

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

@JK8 that's an interesting aspect... So you can change plans while opting for the grandfathered autopsy discount and loyalty rewards? I'm not looking to currently, just wondering for the future. I think the points system is only better for the larger plans. 

The points system isn't better. It's worse for larger plans too. Stay on the rewards as long as you can and don't change.Changing plans doesn't change the rewards.

Pawprints1986

@JK8 that's an interesting aspect... So you can change plans while opting for the grandfathered autopsy discount and loyalty rewards? I'm not looking to currently, just wondering for the future. I think the points system is only better for the larger plans. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sybilberk 

Schedule a change plan on next renewal to the updated $15 plan. Then purchase the $5/500min add on*. This is a one time purchase that does not expire. It will roll over every 30 days until completely consumed. Most $15 plan holders have this add on to supplement their 100 outgoing minutes. If you need to call outside of Quebec while you are there or outside of Ontario while you are at home until your next renewal you can do so....at $0.01/min its almost free!! After renewal it will supplement your 100 outgoing canada-wide minutes. 

* Remember to add the funds to your balance first....then choose, select, confirm and submit your payment to purchase the add on. 

You can call to Quebec numbers. Anybody can call you from anywhere. Texting and data will not change.

But yes change over to the updated $15 plan for your next renewal unless you've used all the minutes and data then just change anytime.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@sybilberk 

PM dropped the provincial plans soon after. You can change the plan in self service. You can choose change on next renewal date otherwise if you choose change immediately you will not receive any credit for your current plan. You will not lose any loyalty or autopay rewards as long as you stay on the current rewards plan which you are currently on. DO NOT SWITCH TO POINTS SYSTEM OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE YOUR LOYALTY AND AUTOPAY REWARDS.

sybilberk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All

My plan is for 100 within province minutes.  I live in Ontario and will be going to Quebec for a funeral this weekend. Will I be able to use my phone as long as I am only calling within Quebec?  Will my texting work?  Thanks in advance for your replies.

Need Help? Let's chat.