cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service "Searching"

jesse0l
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All,

I have followed some steps on the forums to try and fix this but my phone contunally states "Searching" instead of connecting. I have no data, no cell service at all.

Here are the steps I followed:

1) Make sure your phone is unlocked.  if it is, proceed... (done)

2) Log into your account on the web and verify that your account is active.  If it is, proceed... (done)

3) Power off phone, remove SIM card, replace after 1 minute, power on phone. (done)

4) Check if you can make calls/use data.  If you cannot, proceed... (done)

5) If it still does not work, contact a moderator.  (done 2 hours ago)

Issue has been ongoing since this morning, I am still unable to connect, could you assist?

11 REPLIES 11

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am with you mentioning the amount of issues lateley has reminded me to order some extras incase of such an issue arising.  So thanks

I would definitely keep a spare in the "cellular first aid kit".  Because there's no 24/7 contact with moderators, we should have an option in hand to deal with a lost device.  Simply go online and do a SIM swap.  That will deactivate the lost SIM.  

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
If not order a SIM because more likely than not that's the case if your account still states it being active.

jaswest2754
You don't even have a friend or colleague that has a telus phone it's less than a minute to quickly swap Sims.

jesse0l

Unfortunately I don't have another unlocked/telus/koodo phone around to test.

Is there any other way to test the issue?

@will13am with you mentioning the amount of issues lateley has reminded me to order some extras incase of such an issue arising.  So thanks

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There seems to be a lot of SIM problems.  Personally, I have never had a bad one, even after years of use.  I wonder if people are swapping them with the phone running.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds like you have a SIM that is bad, as suggested if you are able to try it in another phone that would really help to figure out the issue

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Could it be a phone problem?  Is it possible to try the SIM in a different phone?

jaswest2754
Easiest way to check is your SIM in another phone. If still no service means something on PM end or bad SIM. If you get service means your phone.

jesse0l

I am not in a basement, I have also gone to the mall, the gym, and the grocery store (3 separate parts of mississauga) and nothing changes.

dearmusic

Are you in a basement? Have you tried it on an open street?

Need Help? Let's chat.