cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service after Data Add-On

NetworkUS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Added US data roaming yesterday.  Now I can’t make or receive any calls.  Went to Apple store where they confirmed the problem lies with my Service Provider.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NetworkUS 

As mentioned voice calls won't work if the US Roaming add on does not have a talk feature. You can use a voip provider like textnow or fongo to make voice calls with only a US Roaming data add on or on wifi. For example fongo uses about 0.5mb/min or 100mb=200min.

@esjliv 

A note on the "strange glitch"....during the 24 hour waiting period to repurchase the same US Roaming add on you cannot purchase it. The "glitch" is the add on will not be available to purchase in the add on section. Once the 24 hours is up the add on will then reappear and be available for purchase. Customer support can add it during the 24 hour wait time as they have back end access to add it.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NetworkUS wrote:

Added US data roaming yesterday.  Now I can’t make or receive any calls.  Went to Apple store where they confirmed the problem lies with my Service Provider.

@NetworkUS  - If this is the first time you added this type of addon onto your account, make sure you see it listed under you 'Plan details' on your self serve account. If it is not listed there, then you need to go back and add the addon to your account (2nd important step).

If this is the 2nd time you purchased this same addon consecutively, than there is a strange glitch (as already mentioned) that you need to wait the full 240 hours to buy it again.

If this is your current issue, than as Customer Support (CSA) for help to fix this up for you.

Methods to contact CSA here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@NetworkUS 

The PM add-ons is a 2 step purchase. 
First pick the add-on, second add funds with payment method then check your account to see if the add-on was added to your account. Then power off the phone then power back on.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Can you see that add-on on your self-service account?

Was that very first US add-on or you used one and purchased another. For US roaming talk you have to wait 24 hours after previous expired before purchasing new one.

I guess you or apple people did reboot your phone...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@NetworkUS   Which add-on did you purchase?  you said data add-on?  Data add-on has only data.  Or you purchased the Talk add-on or the Combo add-on?  You will need a add-on that includes the talk component to receive the calls

And is your data working then?  

Need Help? Let's chat.