cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone Dial or Receive - Samsung Galaxy A12

JoAnn2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just swithed to PM for me and my wifes phones on seperate accounts. Looks like each number ported over fine. My phone works ok but hers will not dial out or recieve, goes to mail box. It's a Samsung Galaxy A12. Is there a fix besides getting a new phone, or will I have to go crawling back to Rogers? Also, do I realy need two accounts or can I add her to my account?

15 REPLIES 15

@dust2dust 

Using GSMArena but I see the SM-125F/DSN and not SM-12F/DSN. 🤔

@JoAnn2   Look like this is the band spec of your phone

BOLD are the compatible bands

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41

and FYI, these are the bands used on PM

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

the phone should connect to PM network and you should be able to get both Voice and data, although it might not be great

And look like you missing one of the 3G bands for voice. Are you in Winnipeg?  (No worry, you just answered you are in ontario)

Did you try voice on this phone in different area of the city?  I wonder if it is just one particular spot without the only 3G bands you have (without 850) .  

But overall, your phone won't work great as it misses so many 3G and LTE bands needed for PM.  You might want to consider using it on another phone

Rogers/Fido/Chatr or resellers? Freedom/Shaw? Videotron? SaskTel? Ice?

It shouldn't work properly on Telus/Koodo/Public or Bell/Virgin/Lucky.

JoAnn2

I got the phone 2nd hand on an on line market place. It worked fine on another network. Data worked fine. Just can't dial out or receive. No dial tone. I am in Ontario.

@BKNS27- What reference are you using? I found 2 references that say that the phone has half the 3G needed.

@JoAnn2   yours is a Global Dual sim version

Where you got the phone from? Were you able to use the phone in another network before

and data works on that phone without problem? just voice with problem?

which province you are in ?

@JoAnn2 

That model is compatible with PM.

JoAnn2

Samsung Galaxy A12: Model #SM-A12F/DSN

gsmarena seems to say that this phone only has half the 3G/UMTS.

Where'd you get this phone from?

JoAnn2

Yes, I replied to the text within 2 min with the the old sim in. The PM sim did work ok in another phone. 

@JoAnn2 wrote:

The sim did work in another phone.  I did reply to the request text within a couple of minutes wiith the old sim in.     Thanks for the info.

@JoAnn2   the sim works on another phone but not this A12?  What exact version of this A12 is that?  Go to the Phone Setting, About and give us the exact model number.  Will confirm

JoAnn2

The sim did work in another phone.  I did reply to the request text within a couple of minutes wiith the old sim in.     Thanks for the info.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JoAnn2 

The most important step in completing the porting of your old number is to reply to the text with the old SIM in the phone. You have 90 minute window to reply or the porting is cancelled.

This step is missed by the majority of new customers…🤦🏼‍♂️

If you missed replying then you need to create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot at the bottom of page or private message on the envelope icon above.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JoAnn2 look like your wife issue is a sim card provisioning 

do you see it connected to PM network?

did you test the sim in another phone??

if tested and still not work, open ticket with PM support to check the sim provisioning 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JoAnn2 - can you try her SIM card into your phone and see if services work?

Also, just confirming, did you receive the SMS text from Rogers within 90 minutes of activating the public Mobile SIM card? This needs to be done for a successful port to public mobile.

EDIT, YES, you need separate accounts with unique emails. you cannot add anyone to an existing account.

Need Help? Let's chat.