cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G coverage strictly in Guelph downtown?

Mito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like to ask why there is no 5G coverage in the core Guelph downtown. This is so weird compare to GTA downtown, Kitchener/Waterloo downtown are full fledge 5G supported.

I have looked at other small cities, town. All have 5G coverage.

Guelph downtown has a black hole for 5G? Only outside the downtown is 5G covered.

20230729_000872.png

6 REPLIES 6

Mito

One of the Bell tower is sitting right next to the Guelph police station, it's on the property but not on the roof. 😕

20230730_000876.png

If it's a rooftop site, the landlord generally negotiates their approval would be required for all major changes, whether a technology addition, new band addition, or antenna swap.

If it's a co-located ("colo") competitor tower, for example owned by Rogers, they will delay and drag their feet. That happens both ways with each other's colo requests.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How would a landlord be involved in an existing site? Curious... additional equipment other than the antennae? 

Mito

That makes more sense now, I see the same blackhole 5G with Bell. What a bummer 😞

20230729_000874.png

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Most likely the one Bell cell site at that location hasn't been upgraded to 5G. It could be due to various reasons, but likely because of pending landlord approval.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mito  We are just customers like you here . But you can ask support about this . Or if there’s any known plans to upgrade the 5G network in your area 

privrate message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.