cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, txt count seems to be adding received messages to my total

Polyian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up 2 days ago and my message total reads 20/50. I have only sent a couple of txt messages and the rest were all recived from Public Mobile and Microsoft. I thought incomming messages were unlimited so I am surprised to see incomming adding to my total.

Am I misunderstanding something? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We had the same thing when we signed up for the basic $10 50text/ 50 min plan. 

As others mentioned - we also had texts going out to 474663 - which in google searching supposedly is some automated text to Apple servers for imessage.  Ours lasted several days & the final count was about 20-25 texts then stopped & none since.

Normally this wouldn't matter as almost all plans with texts these days include unlimited texts but with a few of these new limited pans (i think i read another carrier has one too with 100/100) - then has more of impact.  Fortunately, we didn't hit 50 texts so no need to contact mods for adjustment.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

here is another rhread and  if you search the forum for the number mentioned in the thread you should find some other cases

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/New-10-mo-5050-plan-How-do-i-stop-iph...

Polyian

I'm curious as to why an Iphone starts sending sms by itself, never had that with any previous service suppliers.

Polyian

Thanks...I have an Iphone 6S, hopefully it's just a set up issue as I certainly didn't send all those txts, I am lucky if I used 10 a month with my Telus plan but after I switched to PM suddenly I have 20 in a day. Kind of defeats the free incomming concept.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

have you looked at the usage details?  longer sms will coumt as multiple  and if you uare using a iphone it sends a buch of sms by itself.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What type of phone are you using?  Apparently some phones use up several text messages when they initially connect to the network.  This should only occur around the time you sign up, so it shouldn't be a recurring problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.