cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobile but texts and calls are still going to old carrier

thedaveroache
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to Public Mobile from Freedom but calls and texts are still going to old carrier phone.  I received a text saying there was a problem porting and they would call, but I haven't received a phone call, I cannot log a support ticket because the validation is asking for Last Add-On purchased and I have never purchased an add-on.  I need my phone urgently.

Note I also switched phones at the same time as switching carriers if that is relevant.

4 REPLIES 4

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the texts colour is blue then your confusing the phones mms texts with iMessage.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @thedaveroache   there is likely a stuck port.  Instead of submit ticket with PM agent, I will send you a number to your Community inbox.  It is PM (Telus) porting team and provide live support with porting problem.  They will confirm what was wrong with the porting.  Check your inbox for my message

@thedaveroache wrote:

Note: I did get the text asking to approve the switch and texted Yes within the 90 minutes

It looks like you did everything right.

See if you can still log in to your old account.

You can contact agent directly without ticket.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

Agent’s response is usually between 15 and 120 minutes with a ticket. Private messaging might take longer.

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

Or since this might be porting issue, call number I will send you by private mail.

thedaveroache
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Note: I did get the text asking to approve the switch and texted Yes within the 90 minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.