cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM and very impressed..couple of tips

Fleetmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had a really smooth transition from Virgin this past week. Moved to reduce monthly cost AND to have a good US travel plan option again.  Activated with a new number here then sent request to port my old number.  Best practice advice from Koodo kiosk gal I chatted with when bought my SIM was to enter my ACCOUNT NUMBER on the port request.  I had the email back from Virgin instantly.  Activated on this end short time after.

Had to communicate with CSA here today.  Excellent service! Fast responses.  Did learn that can't change #rings before Voicemail pickup from the current 30secs because my phone not VoLTE compatible here... YET.  sounds like it is being worked on though.  

I did find the info here super helpful on how to do the phone pad entry to TRY to change the rings.  Had a chance to do legwork before contacting the CSA.

11 REPLIES 11

Fleetmac

Thk you for the info!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Fleetmac 

While pm customer support is Grrrrreat! 🐯 The community often has much more experience and knowledge about pm and how it works. The community is still learning the ins and outs of how the implementation of VoLTE is going to work for pm customers and their devices so it is a work in process.

You can check and see if your phone's IMS is registered and provisioning enabled in your account for your phone by dialing *#*#INFO#*#* on the dialpad of your phone app and look at the "phone info" section of your device.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Fleetmac

thk you!  Will check back with CSA.

@Fleetmac 

VoLTE is unrelated to amount of ring time customizability, nor is VoLTE required to be able to set that option.  It's something that most customer don't change the setting for, and it's something that the Telus network allows even on the 3G network.

Fleetmac

From CSA:  

I was working with my support team, checking the information the device is not compatible with our VoLTE network for that reason we are not able to customize the number of seconds (i.e. 10, 20, or 30 seconds) in your cellular...

@Fleetmac   that feature should have nothing to do with VoLTE enabling.  What we know is that it seems like they broke the forwarding feature during this process (regular forwarding works but not conditional forwarding)

Let hope they can get it resolved shortly

Fleetmac

Depends on the phone.  Here is their response to me:

At the moment we are starting to work with VoLTE and there are devices that are not supported yet, with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G we are waiting to have it added to our supported devices as their other models as the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G.

We will let our customers know once we have more models available with VoLTE support to have the other call-forwarding options available.

Fleetmac

I tried all of that, but didn't work. After some investigation, CSA responded :

At the moment we are starting to work with VoLTE and there are devices that are not supported yet, with the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G we are waiting to have it added to our supported devices as their other models as the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G.

We will let our customers know once we have more models available with VoLTE support to have the other call-forwarding options available.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fleetmac   the number of rings before voicemail can be change, nothing to do with VoLTE

HOWEVER, it might not be able to program now as the Call forwarding (which is related with VM) has some system problem (another Community member has been trying in the last two days but unable to get it set due to the system issue), but you can try and let us know

(Ref: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Number-of-rings-before-voice-mail/m-p/565...

The number of rings is determined by the 'number of seconds to wait' before forwarding the call to your voicemail. Dial *#61# to see the current voicemail deposit number and delay time before Voicemail

Dial this sequence: *61 *16475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait - choose from the following options:

1. For one ring, enter 5.
  2. For two rings, enter 10.
  3. For three rings, enter 15.
  4. For four rings, enter 20.
  5. For five rings, enter 25.
  6. For six rings, enter 30 (This is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

SAMPLE: *61*16475804001*11*20#[SEND or CALL] - sets your phone to ring four times (20 seconds) before going to your voicemail. Best to check mailbox.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

But, but, but, I thought new activations would get volte?

Do you know if you're phone can do volte anyway?

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to hear you've had a positive experience moving over here, welcome to public mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.