cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim card

AFAppleton10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate a new SIM card PM for my mom. 
now during the process it keep saying the SIM Card is not valid . It’s new and I just opened it 

11 REPLIES 11

EdRR

Yes, It worked for me this morning as well. It seems their maintenance on the website was successful. Thank you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@AFAppleton10, @EdRR - The activation page seems to accept a sim card now.

EdRR

The site now shows down for maintenance so hopefully they recognized something is broken and will fix it soon

@EdRR, @AFAppleton10 - Once again Public has managed to mess up the place. I just tried to activate a new sim that I've used on multiple occasions in the past to test out things during activation and I get the same thing. Two different browsers. After a while of spinning then invalid.

I continue to be astonished at how well this company can mess up a working system.

Adding - they roll out new plans and then when people change plans the services come to a screeching halt. Now an account can't even be created. Incredibly amazing incompetence constantly on display from the IT department around here.

Adding more - this may be related to another unannounced maintenance.

EdRR

I see a red explanation mark and “Please enter a valid SIM number”

I’ve tried on another device and same result.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

On the activation page when you key in the SIM number.....what do you see? A green check mark or red exclamation mark?

EdRR

I have the same problem today with a new SIM card ordered online from public mobile and arrived in the mail this week.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AFAppleton10 , there is also the possibility of session lock if activation failure occurs.  You might want to try again after an hour using incognito mode.

AFAppleton10

Thanks.I did check the numbers 4 times .

I will try to contact CS agent 

I did buy the SIM card from the public mobile site online . 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AFAppleton10   Where did you get the sim card from?  I believe you have double checked and no typo or missing digits?

If that is the case, open  a ticket with PM CS agent and they can confirm if the card is valid or assist for an exchange .

to   open a ticket with PM CS Agent at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AFAppleton10 , try using incognito mode on your browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.