cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign up, can't swap phone number

random55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up for public mobile and want to swap my Koodo number but it's giving me error unable to transfer. I was on a prepaid Koodo plan and I used the same email for both accounts. Also I signed up at Walmart and didn't get $25 credit + $10 referral credit. Who do I get in touch to transfer my number?

3 REPLIES 3

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to Public mobile as you know there are no call center; so here's how you get help.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.
    • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]
    • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
    • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
    • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

If it is a prepaid Koodo account, you will need to contact moderator to transfer/port the number.  Unfortunately, at least 24 hours for response.  The credit should be within 72 hours.

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@random55, I believe that because of sharing of backend systems, you cannot do number port from Koodo prepaid yourself and you were not supposed to use identical email.  You will need to seek moderator team assistance to complete the number port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.