cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rewards program

blakestubbings
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been with public mobile for years, and currently get $6 off of my monthly bill. I’ve been reading about the new rewards plan and was wondering if anyone has recommendations about starting that or staying with the old one. 

8 REPLIES 8

blakestubbings

I agree

blakestubbings

Yea I’m thinking staying with the old is best right now

softech
Oracle
Oracle

The recommendation for most of us is:  AVOID it , Stay with the old

Here is the break down of the Pro and Cons:

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You will have to calculate pro and cons Points vs. 'old' rewards. For some Points might be more beneficial than just monetary refund every 30 days.

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Im with the old rewards and i am going to stay with them

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@blakestubbings - if you are on the old rewards program, I would suggest you stick with that. Unless you are interested in using up your points to enter contests or purchase addons.

Some members have switched to new public points and have wanted to go back to old..but after switching You Cannot Go Back.

Read over this link: conditions

"Public Points™ is available to individuals who are or become customers on and after January 25, 2022."

See the announcement made about when the Public Points was introduced, for your reference, here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

At the very bottom of this announcement see the Reward Calculator. This may help you get a good idea of what it may be like.

blakestubbings

What are you saving a month right now and how did you get there?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

So far I've stayed on the old plan too. I believe there's a cap of $15 in savings per month that scares me at my level. I'm interested to here what others have to say though.

Need Help? Let's chat.