cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New points system, will it erase all my credit?

ZeroFear3k
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Here's what to expect on your first day with Public Points.Your existing bill credits will be lost, but we promise to make it up to you."

I was told that if I had credit currently it will remain the same.  Why all of a sudden it's saying I will lose it all? I understand I will lose my 5 year loyalty thing. But I have credit in $$ that should not be removed. 

8 REPLIES 8

ezl007

The credits related to referrals, anniversary, automatic credit card payment will be all gone after the switch. There will be no credits left on your payment account.  You will pay the full amount for whatever your plan cost is.

Going forward, you will get 5% of your net payment as points, 1 referral = 1 point, 10 points for anniversary.  Once you have accumulated over 15 points, you will have to manually deem 15 points as credit to your bill.  Then you would have $15 credit to your payment account.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Referral points and Anniversary points are two different things. If a subscriber has 9 referrals, they will get 9 points each cycle (each 30 days). Once a year, on their anniversary date, they will receive 10 points whether they have subscribed for 1 year, 4 years, 10 years, etc.

SandyC

I agree! Public’s explanation of the switch is so confusing 

I feel like there’s not enough transparency. I still don’t understand the answer to the question posted by @ZeroFear3k  about having 10 referred friends. Do you get 10 points x10 friends so 100 points on your anniversary? 

@ZeroFear3k wrote:

Thanks. As long as my available funds are not erased then good. My current referrals will stay the same? Eg if I have 10 referrals, new system will just convert those to 10 points?

@ZeroFear3k , I’m sorry I didn’t know you made a new thread. I responded to your message on another thread -> https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Yes, your 10 referrals will convert to 10 points. Once you acclimate 15 points you can redeem them to use towards a 1 time $15 credit towards your bill.

Edit: More info - Moving to Public Points  , Overview of Public Points

ZeroFear3k

Thanks. As long as my available funds are not erased then good. My current referrals will stay the same? Eg if I have 10 referrals, new system will just convert those to 10 points?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ZeroFear3k the rewards you earn already and already on Available Funds will be untouched

The "bill credit lost" just meant you will need to pay the full amount now and earn Public Points after.  So, if you have a $25 paln, it might show you have $7 bill credit and you only need to pay $18.  But with Public Points, you will loss that and need to pay $25 but you will earn 1.25 points back after

ZeroFear3k

worked extremely hard to get my credit up. Soon I'll just throw away my phone and done 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

The lack of communication @ZeroFear3k is mind blowing.  Nobody really knows what's going to happen. Heck, I don't even think they've communicated with the Oracles here how this is going to work. Plus with Jade out, don't even know who's in charge. Plus, since nobody posted the new plans in the announcements section, this place is a gong show!! Nobody knows what's going on anymore. 

For a communication company, they seriously lack communication skills.

Need Help? Let's chat.