cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

SallyC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do I have to register a new phone everytime I get one with PublicMobile or is keeping the same SIM card good enough?
Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@SallyC wrote:

Yes it is my old phone & everything else works but no text no phone. Network setting says Network unavailable

@SallyC   In this case, voice calls do not work?

is this a new phone you got from trusted source or private sell?

check if the phone is blacklisted

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Can you connect to wifi and go to settings general about and see if anything pops up.

SallyC

Yes it is my old phone & everything else works but no text no phone. Network setting says Network unavailable

SallyC

Thanks but same type of phone. Iphone 7

SallyC

I am using iMessage, SMS MMS same as before but no luck in sending 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SallyC 

All your account information is in the SIM.

What is the make and model of your phone? It could be just the setting.

@SallyC wrote:

Thanks, will give it another try. Can’t text yet.

is voice working?

mobile data working?

you said text does not work, are you sure you are using traditional SMS and not iMessage or RCS?  and both incoming/outgoing text not working?  Any error?

what kind of phone is your new one and the old one?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Only issue may be if you a new phone needs a bigger sim card then you have because you broke it down. In that case you still wouldn't need to do a new activation, just a get a new sim and click on change sim card in your self serve.

@SallyC hello is your "new" phone a used phone? does anything work ? what is the make and model 

If an iOS phone then you likely need to register it to the Apple servers and then either use wifi and cell data with imessage or enable SMS in imessage to also allow standard SMS.

If an Android then maybe restart the phone.

Can you receive texts? That might be something else to look at if you can.

SallyC

Thanks, will give it another try. Can’t text yet.

SallyC

I tried this but I can not text so was just checking to be sure. Does it take awhile/an hour to connect?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SallyC no you just need to change sim card, if its to big it will break apart into a smaller size 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Yup..just move the SIM to your new phone. Make sure you use the correct size of SIM. PM will know what your IMEI number is, as soon as you insert the SIM. Perhaps reboot phone as well and you may have to update the APN settings. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SallyC   you don't need to "register" the new phone with PM, and same sim card is ok. 

Just put your sim card from the old phone to the new one and it should work

Need Help? Let's chat.