cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone number not updating on my phone

Ama88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I changed my phone number and now its not updating on my phone. I cannot make or receive calls and there is not access to my cell phone data. 

6 REPLIES 6

You change your number a lot? 🙂 There were some more good questions that were asked. Can you review.

Ama88

Tried all of this, but its still not working. Usually the phone number is able to change right away, but this time is not working.

Ama88

I have an android. Reset everything but its still not working. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Ama88 wrote:

Hello I changed my phone number and now its not updating on my phone. I cannot make or receive calls and there is not access to my cell phone data. 

@Ama88 , also see your 1st thread “Changed phone number not updating on phone” that you posted right before this one where @dust2dust replied to you!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ama88 just a thought...if you have an iphone, you may need to deregister the old number : https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

And, set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ama88 - try restarting your phone. You can also try a reset of the device's network settings.

If still issues, put the SIM card into another phone to see if services work.

When you log into My Account or call 611 is your account ACTIVE?

Need Help? Let's chat.