cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New esim activation and nothing is working

Gadgetchickie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I’m a new customer and just signed up for the Canada US plan. I have an iPhone 11 and was able to install my esim but my data isn’t working or my cellular (I’ve turned off my wifi), even though it’s showing like I’m connected. I tried to login my account but it wants me to verify by sending a code to my new phone number, which I cannot access. I’ve changed the APN settings, confirmed my cellular data is on, I’ve restarted my phone. I’m not sure what else to try. I’m hoping this isn’t an indication of what this service is going to be like, if I can’t get anything working.

please help!

6 REPLIES 6

hi @Gadgetchickie 

iPhone's reset network settings 
  1.  Settings
  2. Then select General
  3. Scroll to the bottom and select Transfer or Reset iPhone
  4. Tap Reset
  5. Select Reset Network Settings
  6. Enter your iPhone's passcode and your Screen Time Passcode if prompted
  7. Tap Reset Network Settings again to confirm your decision 

hi @Gadgetchickie it is tricky to submit a ticket with Chatbot without a working service 

your can submit the ticket using direct message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Gadgetchickie

Thanks for these details. I have checked all this. Just to confirm, when you say reset all networks, I’ve be using this option. 

IMG_0406.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gadgetchickie check if your eSIM was installed properly 

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

iPhone-eSIM_Watermarked.jpg

if you don't see the Public Mobile esim there, check the Welcome email, there should be a QR code for the esim for you to scan and install manually)

If the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using  Private message 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Gadgetchickie

I don’t have an option to select email. I’ll open a ticket….so far not impressed on how difficult this is 😕

IMG_0405.png

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't know much about esim but you can get the 2fa sent to your email. Under where you enter the code click in did not get code  then select email. You can also open a ticket to the pm rep. Using the orange text bubble on the bottom right

Need Help? Let's chat.