cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

Jtucker114
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my phone about 18 hours ago and I ported my old number and I can only call out. I can’t receive calls or send and receive text messages. I checked my APN settings and there right. I need help! 

38 REPLIES 38

ClaudeR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh cool!

I guess that the Mods. fixed it then.

🙂

Jtucker114

Got my old number back back!! Thanks everyone for all your help 😊

Jtucker114

I already got the old plan reactivated I’m just waiting for the moderator to get back to me. I already talked with them and gave them my old account info so I’m just playing the waiting game 😁

rav527
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Add long as you give number to be ported, account number associated with that number from other carrier, name on account to be ported and it is active line you should have no problem. 

@Jtucker114, when requesting a port, if the old plan isn't active or if incomplete info is submitted, then the port will fail.

You have reactivated the plan with your old provider which is great, but only PM Moderator can complete the port. Once the proper details is supplied to them, you'll be well on your way. Smiley Happy

ClaudeR

OK  good then!

Have a nice day... 🙂

Jtucker114

I’ve been talking to a monitor and I just waiting for them to get back to me so I think I have things figured out 😁

ClaudeR

So, everything is fine for you now, or may we help you any further?

🙂

Jtucker114

Things are getting figured out now 

@Jtucker114 wrote:

It does but I just ended up picking I new number from public but when I try to port my old one it says to contact them

@Jtucker114 Is the phone number you have now a good one for you?

It should be the same number for both incoming and outgoing calls/texts.

If there is a problem, let the PM Moderator know when they get back to you.

Anything else, just let us know. Smiley Happy

I"ve merged both of these threads as they are both about the same topic.

@Jtucker114 wrote:

I’m porting over from rogers. The old sim from rogers was working but now it’s not so I think I should be good now 

If your port was not complete and your old sim doesn't work anymore...I can't tell you that your port will be ok with that phone number....

gcata76

I activated 2 lines on separate accounts last December. 1 transferred right away the other took about 3 days. 

@Jtucker114 I know it can be rough starting with PM sometmes but it should get better now and we are here to help welcome to PM!!

Jtucker114

It does but I just ended up picking I new number from public but when I try to port my old one it says to contact them

@Jtucker114 wrote:

I’m porting over from rogers. The old sim from rogers was working but now it’s not so I think I should be good now 

Does your public mobile sim is working now?

Jtucker114

@Jtucker114 

Moderators are taking 1-2 days for response.  Which carrier are you trying to port from?

Sometimes the website is finicky.  You could try again with different web browser, clearing cache or going incognito.  Chome incognito seems to work well with this site.

For porting from most mobile companies, you will need account holder name, account number and phone number. 

Jtucker114

No I never 

@Jtucker114 wrote:

Thanks! I messaged them so I’m just waiting to hear back

Just in case ...did you try to change your number with a different browser or on incognito mode?

Jtucker114

Thanks! I messaged them so I’m just waiting to hear back

ok well I would follow the advice of @Lieux 

@Jtucker114 wrote:

Yup my old number is still available. I got the old account reactivated and I put the old sim in and it worked on my old number 

Reach the moderator for more help with the link above. They can help you with that.

Jtucker114

Yup my old number is still available. I got the old account reactivated and I put the old sim in and it worked on my old number 

Here is info about porting.  If you need assistance then contact a moderator.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Jtucker114

I tried to but then I just picked  a new number and then I tried to port my old one but it won’t let me 

@Jtucker114 wrote:

My old plan was already canceled when I made the switch but I got it reactivated so I could port my number. I picked a new number with public then I tried to port my old one again and it won’t let me

If your old company is Koodo prepaid you will need help from the moderator..here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. waiting time is few hours to 2 days but they work 7/7 days.

If not....

@Jtucker114 oh I see it sounds like your old number is gone did they tell you your old number was still avaliable?

Jtucker114

My old plan was already canceled when I made the switch but I got it reactivated so I could port my number. I picked a new number with public then I tried to port my old one again and it won’t let me

@Jtucker114 wrote:

I switched to public but my number hasn’t been ported yet. I put my old sim back in but I was wondering how they can try to port it again 

Did you port your number? If you did, sometimes PM need couple of hours to finish porting. If you didn't port yet, then you can port your phone numbe in your self service account.

Need Help? Let's chat.