cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer transferring from Virgin with issue porting number

pca2mll
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Received a text message saying my ESN/MEID appeared incorrect and that someone from the Public Mobile team would be contacting me.  It’s been 4 days now and no such contact!

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

We need only to provide account number, phone # to be ported and the name of the account to port a phone number to PM.  

ESN/MEID/IMEI is a long number and should be avoided.  Any typo will delay number porting process.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pca2mll  That means that you need to provide PM with the correct info to complete the port. Did your fill in the alternate number during activation? Is that number reachable?

For future reference  in most cases to speed up the porting process you only need to provide the account number, name on the account and number from your previous provider.

As mentioned submit a ticket to PM with the correct info so the can resubmit the port.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@pca2mll check your number in the my plan section of the self service account.  See if it has been ported. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@pca2mll wrote:

Received a text message saying my ESN/MEID appeared incorrect and that someone from the Public Mobile team would be contacting me.  It’s been 4 days now and no such contact!

If you need to contact the moderator team here is the link. Super sorry this is your first experience so far. Thye should be able to return your message quickly. Just explain your situation. Welcome to Public mobile! 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.