cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, Cannot revive or make phone calls or login to app (error message forbidden a1).

Ahmadnoori
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m a new customer and I ported my number from lucky mobile over to public mobile. I received my SIM card today (March 1, 2024) and I paid for everything (phone plan and SIM card). I couldn’t receive or send calls or text messages and the automated system keeps telling me that the phone plan has not been paid for. I also got a text message saying that I have successfully created a new pin when I did not create a pin at all. When I tried to login to PM I couldn’t, the system kept refreshing and kicking me out with the message “forbidden A1”. I restarted my phone, and reset the network but nothing worked. Pls find a solution as soon as possible.

11 REPLIES 11

LindaW65

Thanks mayor @hTideGnow It is all working now. 

thanks for the update @LindaW65  Yes, after you replied Yes , the old carrier account will be cancelled but it could be another hour before the port is done, so the text will be going nowhere 

LindaW65

Just to keep you all informed, after speaking with the number transfer people, they were able to move the number to public mobile, but to confirm the account, public needs to send a 6 digit code.  Don't reply yes to the port request until you confirm your account with public mobile.  I said yes to the port request but can't access my public mobile account to make a payment in order to activate the service.  I feel like a CS agent will be able to send me a temporary code, but I just need to wait for them to be online. 

Ahmadnoori

Hi Linda i did the same as you I gave the CS AGENT SIM CARD number and  all other information but still I have the same issue 

LindaW65

So the CS Agent was able to fix the account issue.   I had to send the sim card number, and other information to verify the account.  I think  I was issued a temporary number because now when I log in, the 2 factor code is being sent to the new number and not my email address so I can't login to check to see if things are resolved.  The next step is to call the porting department who I am currently on hold with. 

Ahmadnoori

I’m still having the same issues and there wasn’t any agent to help out

hi @LindaW65 your issue could be different but for sure fixable

is it only incoming not working?? did you request porting? you got your text from you old carrier ??  And portimg team can help.   have already sent you the number.  Check your community inbox 

hi @Ahmadnoori why need that, what is still not working?? did you even try to work with PM agent to get it resolved??

Ahmadnoori

I filled a complaint to ccts 

LindaW65

I am having the exact same issue @Ahmadnoori.   Nice to know I am not alone in this.  If you can figure out a solution, please post it here.  I have tried different browsers, restarting phone, deleting app.  It must be on their end.  I have submitted it to the CS agent, still no answer. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ahmadnoori 

I think something wrong with the activation.  please check with PM support.  Open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.