cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cell not working

kirby_gavin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We bought a brand new iPhone 11 and our current public mobile SIM card is not supported by it? Please help 

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kirby_gavin 

If you mean 'not supported' due to incompatible SIM card sizing, perhaps removing an outer adapter on the card itself may help to bring it down to 'nano' sizing.

HALIMACS_0-1673092101106.png

HALIMACS_1-1673092112127.jpeg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kirby_gavin   your current PM sim should work on it without issue.

Did you try putting it in?  is it the size?  if so, you can try to see if there is any "frame" that you can remove it to make the sim smaller, make it nano sim size

And make sure you have put in the sim card the right way (some people did it up-side-down and hence it didn't work)

And if you put it the correct way, what error it shows on the phone? 

where did you get the phone from? from some trusted store? or Marketplace?

for peace of mind, please check if  the phone is clean here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I assume when you say not supported by it, that it is too big and probably Micro sim where iPhone takes Nano. If that's the case, you have 2 options. Cut it yourself (pretty much to the metal part and I've done it myself multiple times) or go to any phone store and they might be able to do it for you.. 

@kirby_gavin wrote:

We bought a brand new iPhone 11 and our current public mobile SIM card is not supported by it? Please help 

Does the SIM card work in other phones?  iPhone devices go through an online activation process through Apple, a process that checks the carrier lock status of the device. I suspect that this process failed.  I would suggest hooking your phone up to a computer using a USB cable and launching iTunes to manually perform this Apple activation task.

Need Help? Let's chat.