cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activations only plan for existing customers

Dratur
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I recently found a new plan that I would like to switch over but it is mentioning "New activations only". I reached out to the customer service team to discuss switching over to the new plan, but I was informed that it is not feasible even though some people could have the switch over done so that left me skeptical. This has left me feeling disappointed, as I have been a customer bringing in more customers via referrals and believe that I should have access to the same promotions as new customers.

The agent in question was quickly to reply to my tickets which somewhat proved that there was no intent or effort on their end to make it work. 

How many of you could make the switch without having to port-out and port back in? It is quite silly that I would need to pull that off, that would just discourage me and others to use the referrals system since we would lose all of them for doing so. 

9 REPLIES 9

Dratur

Really?! I am actually amazed, in a bad way. 

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow My reasonable reply to you expressing my sympathy was immediately removed by the you know who Oracle. - how sad 

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just posted a similar post expressing my disappointment regarding only being able to switch up and not down. And I am also not  going to bother porting in and out because that’s just silly. Tha main reason I activated my PM plan was because I thought ( and nowhere did it state otherwise) it offered me the flexibility of hassle free self selecting plans up or down as would be suitable for me. Wonder how many like you and I are disappointed with this silly rule

PS. My post was immediately removed by the you know who Oracle - wow how sad .

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dratur 

You can port out and port back in in a day, you don’t need to wait one month, but you are going to lose all of your public mobile points and all of your referrals.

Dratur

Can't you just port-out and park your number with Lucky or something like that instead of staying 1 month with another carrier? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dratur 

This is a common strategy to attract more members by all carriers.

I am not surprised that you got denied. You will need to port out then port back in…not worth the hassle plus you will need to stick with the new carrier for a month.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Dratur  I know the feeling 😔. That happened to me also a few months ago. I was turned down twice for a new activations only plan.

Even requested a 'manager' who was even worst.

It's was always a hit miss, depending on agent, but now they've tightened ship.

Only thing a can say is to sign into your account and review your the offers every so often or watch for promotional texts to switch to "better" plans.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Truth be told @Dratur ,  you can bring in 100 customers and they don't look at that. They only look at the dollar amount you're currently spending and if you're looking at a plan that makes them more profit. If not, they won't even consider it. It's VERY rare they do. Depending on how many referrals you have, is it worth porting out and porting back in? Public Mobile is willing to risk losing you as a customer if you like the other provider better.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dratur 

Recently, there is not a lot of luck for existing customers to be able to downgrade through customer support 

Need Help? Let's chat.