cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan choices to change subscription

nonickname1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on an old plan with 3G of data at 3G speed.

I'd like to change to a new plan with a bit more data. Public's site shows a plan with 6G at 4G speed, but when I try to change plans in my account, the smallest it shows me is 15G at 4G speed (for more money). The public site also shows 20G of data for the same price as the 15G plan I'm being offered, but even 15 is more than I need.

I assume this another example of the company offering new customers better deals than existing customers. Is there a way to get the plan I want, or do I have to drop Public and maybe re-subscribe later as a new customer?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@nonickname1 

To get access to those new customers only plan and to keep your number, you need to port out to another provider and port in back to public mobile as a new customer.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @nonickname1,

Over the past 12 months or so, most good deals from Public Mobile are mainly targeting new activations only. For existing clients, cheaper deals are becoming more and more scarce. 

That being said, it is still possible that the plan you are looking at may one day become available for existing clients. It is sometimes a question of timing. I would suggest actively checking up on the plans on a regular basis because they are subject to change. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nonickname1 

Unfortunately, the $23 with 6gb of data at 4G are for new activations.

But you might be lucky to have the option to pick the $23 plan in your account. Just login to your account then on the Subscription tab>Manage Subscription>Change Subscription and see if it is listed as an option to change.

Please note that every member will have different option plans to choose from.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @nonickname1 

Most of the lower priced plans are for new customers. The only way to really get those is to port out and port back in. However, you will lose any referrals if you have them. Plus Public Mobile may lose you as a customer if you find the other provider better. This is a risk they are willing to take. Plus you'd need a new SIM card as well. 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1724608226994.png

Need Help? Let's chat.