cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation trouble

CLUK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just activated my subscription for my Pixel 6 , but right now I cannot receive any calls or SMS. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

CLUK

Re-starting the phone did the trick. Thank you so much!!

@CLUK wrote:

Hello, yes I ported my number into PM. my old sim is not working right now either. 

Assuming that you did reply to the previously mentioned text messaging from your old carrier within the 90 minute timeframe, there could be a short delay before number porting finalizes.  Why the old carrier's service isn't supposed to stop working until porting is complete, I have experience various errors before while peforming number porting that sometimes resolve themeselves within a few hours.  These include things such as callers hearing busy signals or number out of service error messages when trying to call.  Try restarting your phone to see if incoming phone calls start working.

@CLUK

can you make outgoing calls?  If you can, try reboot your phone with the PM sim once more.   

CLUK

Hello, yes I ported my number into PM. my old sim is not working right now either. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you ported your number into PM?  if you did , is the old sim still working?

if you didn't port number but choose a new number, then ask PM to check.   Since I don't think you can recieve 2FA code to login to open ticket with PM, you need to message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CLUK 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

@CLUK wrote:

Hello, I just activated my subscription for my Pixel 6 , but right now I cannot receive any calls or SMS. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Did you ask for a number to be ported in?  These is usually an indication that the number porting has not completed. Please check if the old carrier's service is still working.

Need Help? Let's chat.