cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation port from Chatr not working properly.

ks2017
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Recently activated a new public mobile account for the $25 talk and text promo.

Attempted to port number over from Chatr to Public Mobile. This was attempted using the Chatr PIN number as reqested on the activation form online.

I can make outgoing calls, and texts from Public Mobile. However, I am unable to receive any incoming calls, and texts.

The Chatr sim card is no longer active, thus I cannot use my old sim card until this is resolved. Does MOD or anyone has a resolution?

14 REPLIES 14

Public mobile for sure better service and better reception no doubt about it
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ks2017

Was on the legacy Chatr $25 plan for 5 years, with only zone "local calling", and limited 100 texts. 

Called to ask about any price matching or loyalty discount, and was dismissed.

Thus Public Mobile $25 text and talk plan was the best deal. Better coverage plan range for the province, and long term discount without asking.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ks2017

Awesome! 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ks2017

Was on the legacy Chatr $25 plan for 5 years, with only zone "local calling", and limited 100 texts. 

Called to ask about any price matching or loyalty discount, and was dismissed.

Thus Public Mobile $25 text and talk plan was the best deal. Better coverage plan range for the province, and long term discount without asking.

ks2017

Thanks all for your assistance.

Left the phone overnight for 12 hours and the porting is still not completed from Chatr.

I have send @Shazia_K a PM as per instructions.

@Shazia_K once she's looking after your issue will resolve don't u worry @ks2017
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ks2017

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a mixed service, there is a big chance that the port request has failed to complete. 

Can you please send me your Public Mobile phone number and the account number with Chat-r? you will need to give them a call if you don't know the account number. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

try shutting your phone off and leave it off for 5 minutes.  Then turn it back on.

If the transfer does not complete, Chatr customer service should be contacted to get the account number.  It readily available from within Chatr's self service online account.  You would then need to provide the Chatr account number to Public to have them retry the number porting.

It sounds like a failed port, if your previous provider phone number no longer working using the Chart sim card.    It is stuck somewhere in the public mobile system, only a MOD can fix it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ks2017 welcome to the commuity and PM.  were you on the the $25/month chatter plan? Out of curiosity if you don't mindwhat made you switch? 

Mod can look aftee yoy send a private message to a moderator and have them investigate the problem.  If you are unsure how to private message a moderator, please check out the link below. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ks2017,

Welcome to the community as well as to PM. This issue is that the porting process is not completed yet. If your account with Chatr is still active or was active before you started the process, you need to call them and they will give you information to complete the process. Once you get the information, send them in a private message to one of our moderators @Shazia_K for help.

Yours,

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Sometimes it takes few hours for porting to complete. You will get a text message saying it has processed successfully. If by tomorrow morning you still cannot receive calls or texts, mod will help you complete the porting process. All you have to do is send a private message with your account details and phone numbers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.