cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation, I have voice and text but no data

SCUBACUBA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

26 hours ago I transferred my phone number from Virgin to PM.  I have the $25 plan with voice text and data.

I do not have data.

I changed my APN info to the recommended.  I even tried Public Mobile 2.

My phone is an Asus zenfone 3 which is supposed to be compatiable.  Data worked on Virgin, it also worked on Telcel in Mexico.

7 REPLIES 7

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@SCUBACUBA wrote:

26 hours ago I transferred my phone number from Virgin to PM.  I have the $25 plan with voice text and data.

I do not have data.

My phone is an Asus zenfone 3 which is supposed to be compatiable.  Data worked on Virgin, it also worked on Telcel in Mexico.

After you have changed APN, make sure PM is your Access Point Names.

click setting, click connections, click mobile network, click advanced, click access  point names, click public mobile.

@NDesai wrote:

@SCUBACUBAData not working is usually an issue with the APN settings. So double check that your APN settings are as described here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en Make sure your data is turned on. Also, login to your account and make sure data is available to use. If you think your APN settings are correct, you might want to post screenshots here so we can see if there is any error. 

And ... What OS is your phone on?

If it's Android 8.1, do a search - it's been discussed here many times.

(Sorry, I'm on the phone and don't have my quick links easily accessible.)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@SCUBACUBA wrote:

I do not have data.

Are you sure that you have the GOOD 25$ plan with data? One has data and the other not.

Hey Lieux...if you're gonna point out people not reading things...the OP also said data. 🙂

Thanks I have my glasses on...it was just in case...Smiley Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux wrote:

@SCUBACUBA wrote:

I do not have data.

Are you sure that you have the GOOD 25$ plan with data? One has data and the other not.

Hey Lieux...if you're gonna point out people not reading things...the OP also said data. 🙂

Phonehelper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you turn on your data? 

1. Open the Settings app. You can find this in your App Drawer or on your Home screen. ...
  2. Tap the "Data usage" option. This should be located towards the top of the menu. ...
  3. Tap the "Mobile data" slider. This will toggle your mobile data ON. ...
  4. Check that you have a data connection

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@SCUBACUBA wrote:

I do not have data.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@SCUBACUBAData not working is usually an issue with the APN settings. So double check that your APN settings are as described here: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en Make sure your data is turned on. Also, login to your account and make sure data is available to use. If you think your APN settings are correct, you might want to post screenshots here so we can see if there is any error. 

Need Help? Let's chat.