cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account but no incoming calls/texts, help?

skorrn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a new customer as of Thursday.  I've activated my sim  and requested a port of my old number, it seemed like everything was fine but I've found out today that I haven't been receiving any of my calls or texts.  Calling from a different phone goes directly to voicemail and texts simply do not show up.  I think the port was only partially successful, how do I get this fixed?  

9 REPLIES 9

exr8dcanadian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happened to me. Put your old SIN card in the phone and restart it. You’ll get a text from your old carrier asking to restart the port. Hit Y and it’ll start the process. Wait until you get another confirmation text that it’s done. Put your new SIM card in and restart the phone. Wait 5 min and you’re good 

@skorrn wrote:

I did reply, but CS is saying it shows no reply, going to redo that step!  Man, you guys have been fantastic, will update after next step but 10/10 support all around!

You had porting failure.  Callls go to the old sim until porting succeeds. Put your old sim back in again and you can get your calls and texts.

skorrn

I did reply, but CS is saying it shows no reply, going to redo that step!  Man, you guys have been fantastic, will update after next step but 10/10 support all around!

@skorrn 

did you get account transfer confirmation from your previous provider?  You sure it wasn't a text to ask for your permission for the porting and you need to reply YES?

I suggest you still call PM Porting team to confirm the porting was complete successfully.  I will private message you the Porting team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top)

@skorrn wrote:

Yup account transfer was confirmed via text

@skorrn still having service issues even after suggested trouble shooting?

What type/model phone do you have?

skorrn

Yup account transfer was confirmed via text

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@skorrn 

If you confirmed on the SMS text from your previous carrier with a YES with your old SIM in the phone then power off the phone and wait a few minutes then power it back on again.

If you didn’t confirm within the 90 minute window then you need a PM customer service agent to start the process again.

Meanwhile, if you still have the old SIM. You can continue service with your old carrier.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@skorrn wrote:

I'm a new customer as of Thursday.  I've activated my sim  and requested a port of my old number, it seemed like everything was fine but I've found out today that I haven't been receiving any of my calls or texts.  Calling from a different phone goes directly to voicemail and texts simply do not show up.  I think the port was only partially successful, how do I get this fixed?  

Hello @skorrn 

I will private message you the Porting Team phone number, or use the below link to submit a ticket

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port.

Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If you have not received the SMS to authorize the transfer request for your phone number, you’ll need to contact a Customer Support Agent:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skorrn : Did you leave the original SIM in a phone to confirm the transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.