cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account. App says my account is fine. My phone isn't connecting

FromCalgary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported from FIDO last night and confirmed via text that I wanted to port my phone number. This morning, the Public Mobile app shows my account is active (and the FIDO app says my acct is close). But on my phone, no cellular connection.

How can I get this fixed?

9 REPLIES 9

FromCalgary

iPhone. The eSIM appears in my settings with an IMEI2 number and the ICCID number corresponds to the SIM Card Number listed with my account.

FromCalgary

Thanks, @Sansan. I submitted a ticket and am awaiting a private message in response.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

is this iPhone or Android?

did you check if the PM esim is enabled? 

Hi, if you are not able to receive phone calls or texts messages.  Use the chatbot to create a ticket for public mobile to fix it for you. Sorry about that.

If chatbot doesn't work, use the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

FromCalgary

DANG IT. I meant to say, "*no* connection to Public Mobile network," not "now connection to Public Mobile network."

FromCalgary

eSIM and now connection to Public Mobile network. Tried with and without FIDO SIM installed. No FIDO service. Rebooted phone. (I accidentally clicked your post as the Solution. I meant to reply.)

Still having problems....

FromCalgary

@Sansan I'm using an eSIM and have restarted the phone multiple times. I have tried with the FIDO SIM installed and with it removed. I reset the cellular network. Still no joy.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@FromCalgary 

Did you activate physical SIM card or eSIM?  Any connection with Public mobile? 

If you have your Fido Sim card, try to insert in your phone again.  Any Fido service?

Maybe try a reboot of your phone.  

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi, did you restart your phone? If you have a physical SIM card remove and replace. 

Also, reset the phone networks if that doesn't work. 

If no go, use the chatbot or chat bubble to seek further assistance from Public Mobile agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.