cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User Today: Text (SMS) messages not working

Greg45
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Phone: Samsung J120W

I received my SIM card today and began installation and I immediately received a txt message saying P.M. was having a problem "processing your request to move".

I updated my APN settings as per P.M

I can dial out. WiFi is working fine.

It appears as if text messages are being sent however no one is receiving them and vice versa. Also, when I restart the phone it is cycling an android start up every time that it never did before. I am not sure if I have a problem with my new SIM card or if my settings are incorrect. Furthermore, I am not tech savvy so I do need basic instructions. Any help would be appreciated - Thank you in advance, Greg

8 REPLIES 8

Greg45

I have no idea... I've tried removing the SIM card and rebooting the phone. I have checked (and rechecked) the APN settings. I've cleared the data from the messaging app in case there was something from my previous provider.  Txt messages appear to be sent as normal but they're never received - and vice versa, when a txt is sent to me from another phone I don't receive it. The message center number is the same as is posted in the community. This has become a huge problem.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If incoming and outgoing calls work, then it is not a stuck port or account issue.  Maybe it is a texting app problem. 

Greg45

Read above - I just answered that.

Greg45

can you confirm if:

calling out going and incoming work (you said out works fine)

**Yes, it works both ways

texting incoming outgoing work (you said outgoing doesnt)

**Yes, I can confirm they are not being received on either end even though it time-stamps each text message as having being sent.

data/ web browsing (turn wifi off)

**I will try this in the morning... a little late right now to send "test" messages. FYI... I typically don't leave my DATA turned on and with my previous carrier txt messages were fine. Also, I can tell you that I have tried texting with the Data on (though the wifi was also on at the same time)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Greg45

It is good that Public Mobile is shown on your phone and your phone unlocked.  

Can you call out and receive incoming calls?

Can you send/receive text?

mimmo

can you confirm if:

calling out going and incoming work (you said out works fine)

texting incoming outgoing work (you said outgoing doesnt)

data/ web browsing (turn wifi off)

you probably have an issue with a stuck port which the mods will need to fix.  that really doesn't solve the not sending issue.  (maybe try a different sms app)

Greg45

Login to your account.  Is your account status active?

**It appears to be? I don't know where to look as to where it would be active or not?

Is your phone showing Public Modile?

**Yes. 

When you restart, it went through new phone configuration asking you enter your name etc.  Am I correct?

**Yes, it went through a reconfiguration (with two spinning sprockets) which it has never done with my previous cell phone provider. No, it did not ask me to enter my name or anything else. I had to get a number from Samsung to unlock my phone, which did work.

popping

@Greg45

Login to your account.  Is your account status active?

Is your phone showing Public Modile?

When you restart, it went through new phone configuration asking you enter your name etc.  Am I correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.