cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New System - New Rules?

AngieCupello
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody else that have a grandfathered plan like me, who didn't change it but has now noticed that part of their services are lost. Yes I have a very basic plan for my phone with a grandfathered $25/mo plan that includes my minutes & 2G of data but when I attempt to access my data this month & login my account I notice that public mobile has on there own changed my plan & discontinued my grandfathered plan and not even giving the basic $25/mon plan avail now.

Has this happened to anybody else this month?

16 REPLIES 16

These were the really old build your own plan options. They could have had other options but basically people are wondering "are you sure?" because people here aren't so sure of what you're saying. I would say there's some misunderstanding going on. Note that there's no 2gb. If you don't see any data line items under your my data & add-ons then you've used it all. Perhaps when you renew you'll see what you get. But that would also be shown on your overview page and your payment history. Pictures are always better.

dust2dust_1-1653083039604.png

Adding - there were older variations that did have 2gb but they started at $40

@JL9 wrote:

I haven't seen that at all in here. How old is your plan? It's 25 for unlimited calling and 2GB of 4G?

That wouldn't be it. That plan plan was priced much higher.

@AngieCupello wrote:

Yes they have as I have had it for the past 3-4 years. 

It's possible that you had a one bonus or that you have rewards on your account that reduces your plrice, but at least in the past 3 to 4 years, Public Mobile hasn't offered $25/2GB.

@AngieCupello wrote:

All I see is just my minutes & nothing else. I have always had 2G of data with my $25/mo plan. They grandfathered my plan over when they changed the plans and told me that until I change my plan I can keep it.

@AngieCupello 

I think no worry about they removed it.  I think they won't.  They can tell you  they no longer offering you the old plan but they have to move you to an existing plan, with notice.  They would not be just removing data off the plan.  Probably just a system glitch failed to add the data during renewal.

Please open a ticket with PM if you have not done so :

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

AngieCupello

I pay $20/mo with all those rewards applied. 

My point is I had 2G of internet included with my plan that they have decided to just take off without telling me which they cannot do. It would be like your LL increasing your rent without informing you.

Please provide an image of your payment history.

Adding - maybe a couple pages to go back a while

AngieCupello

Yes they have as I have had it for the past 3-4 years. 

AngieCupello

All I see is just my minutes & nothing else. I have always had 2G of data with my $25/mo plan. They grandfathered my plan over when they changed the plans and told me that until I change my plan I can keep it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello    I'd agree with @LeePublic  that you are most likely on the $30 plan that also included 2GB data which was offered only for a very short while couple of years ago and perhaps the loyalty, autopay/referral rewards reducing your cost to $25? 

However, the plan features would remain the same but PM did separate the Rewards page so all your rewards are no longer visible on the main overview page anymore but instead require a separate sign in by clicking the Access my Rewards option.  Use the same login as for your self serve and also DO NOT accidentally opt into the new Points system as it offers inferior return on rewards compared to the old rewards and once opted in, there's no option to go back.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AngieCupello Maybe you are seeing the final price for the plan after all the auto pay, referrals, and loyalty rewards are applied. You could be on the grandfathered $30 2 GB plan and that's why you are paying $25 for 2 GB.

@AngieCupello 

Sorry, but Public Mobile has never had a $25 plan that includes 2GB.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I have not heard nor seen grandfathered plans to be downgraded. Only one instance of changes is with $10 plan where 30% increase has been applied with few months advance notification sent (but not received by everyone).

Could you please share screenshot of your grandfathered plan and what you have currently.

If you still believe you are mistreated, contact agent for clarification and let us know the outcome so we all know what is going on.

@AngieCupello   Maybe the system just missed to add the data for you after renewal?  It happened before.  

if you login to My Account, Plan details  (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/  ) , what you see there?  Check first

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AngieCupello 

Can you share what is shows in your Plan Details area, here:  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

I do not know what the $25 plan looked like 3-4 years ago, but today the inmarket plan at that rate is 500mb + 50mb (with autopay enabled):

esjliv_0-1653041409331.png

Is the only difference that you recall more recurring data per cycle? Could you be see an Public Mobile gift/freebie addons that were added to your account over the years?

AngieCupello

I have had my plan for at least 3-4 years so they grandfathered over my plan but when I noticed I wasn't getting my included data this month I came and looked & now my plan is less than the basic $25 they have now.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I haven't seen that at all in here. How old is your plan? It's 25 for unlimited calling and 2GB of 4G?

Need Help? Let's chat.