cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Brand Under Compatibility Check is Empty?

min3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to check for phone compatibility here (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-started), but when I try to expand the Phone brand option, the list is empty. Is there another way to check for compatibility? I have an iPhone 6S and iPhone SE 1st Generation.

Thanks! 🙂

10 REPLIES 10

DavidP51
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FWIW the phone compatibility page still isn't working -- just tried it on both Chrome and Safari...  This glitch needs to be fixed -- I can't think of a better way to discourage potential customers who want to check things out first!

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

They both work. 

We had 2 1st gen SE’s working

A 6S has SE guts.....so is same as an SE. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @min3 that has been like this for couple days.  Sometimes a clear cache or Incognito mode is all you need.

But again, all North American iPhones will work here 

@hairbag1 

I wonder if the SE 1st gen and the 6S will last up to iOS 16?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@min3 

Looks like there is a glitch in the system. Yes those 2 iPhones will definitely work on PM. 
I have the SE 1st gen and 6S Plus that works.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It seems that many customers are having the same issue where it is not showing up at all. Looks like you are good on both fronts for the time being anyways.

@min3 wrote:

I'm trying to check for phone compatibility here (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-started), but when I try to expand the Phone brand option, the list is empty. Is there another way to check for compatibility? I have an iPhone 6S and iPhone SE 1st Generation.

A phone model doesn't have to be in the list to be compatible.  It simply has to be unocked (or lcan be ocked to Telus in most cases), have a SIM card slot, and be able to connect to the network via the available network technology and frequencies.  The above mentioned database will never be complete, and any list is also going to have some mistakes.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@min3 wrote:

Thanks! 🙂

Both of those iPhones will work ....for now. They're both good phones, but are getting to the point where Apple no longer provides current updates to their operating systems.

I've had both iPhone SE (1st gen) and iPhone 6...they do work on PM network.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@min3 yes, the compatibility check might not rendered well due to browser issue.

For both iPhone,  they aree compatible with PM network  so, go ahead 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@min3  Both phones you listed will work Dont forget a referral code for $10 sign-up bonus. Welcome to Public Mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.