cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card

Jomp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys so I have a new phone and my old Sim card won’t work in it it was a little damaged so I’m gonna go buy one at Walmart right now what do I have to do after I buy it

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I ordered SIM cards twice while they were on sale for $5 both times took 7 days to receive the SIM cards or five business days.

honest, how hard to force all Telus and Koodo to sell PM sim cards?  how many potential subscribers know the difference between corporate owned or not?  It is already a tough enough lesson for those potential subscribers to understand to get the PM sim card from Telus and Koodo.. 

Fix the 3 weeks sim card deliver problem, or just let Amazon to deal with it and deliver in 2 days.   If not, you are right, "die a slow miserable death."

@softech- Is he just selling what stock he had or is he still getting them in? Or is he getting them for $5 and then selling them $10? It has been my understanding that retailers don't sell them anymore.

Find a store showed 2 in Brossard. Other than that yes of course that's a problem. With all the stories of the useless fulfillment here one might again wonder if this place just wants to die a slow miserable death.

@dust2dust   I have friend owning an authorized Koodo store, not Corporate owned, he also has PM sim to sell. 

So, I guess you just have to try, don't give up.  Especially in a town with no corporate stores around  🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious- The link below doesn't have the province in the url but it ends up in your set province anyway.

As for old and outdated, if that's what the company wants to provide for selling their freaking products then so be it. I do use that page when trying to help.

@softech- Certainly call them first, but you have to have the right list to call from to start with.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Oh yes that's a must do 100% of the time.

honest, even the store locator they provide, not every one carry the same card.  That's why I think OP should always call and check first.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Toggle the list instead of using the map once you identify the location you're looking for a SIM card in....

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Edit:

Lol.... I had it on Montreal but I guess it defaults to BC.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

This is the map link PM gives on their website when they mentioned pick up your sim card today.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator 

Hopefully they have updated the list in this link I'm not so sure if it differs or not from the one below at the bottom of the page?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Jade had told me they were going to update the list but I have a feeling nothing has come of it. When I was checking for someone else a few months ago the first 14 telus or Koodo stores listed in Toronto came up as duds with the phone number listed no longer in service.

@softech- There was another one a day or three ago where you listed one or more stores that were not corporate stores. Prince George? Nanaimo? I don't remember.

@dust2dust 

the find store link is very hard to use,   the pick one store, zoom in never work out right for me.. so, I rather trust my friend.. Google. LoL

@softech- Are you using the find a store link down below?  I see slightly different information for the Telus store you gave.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jomp 

I suggest giving them a call first to see if they have them in stock and they're selling them for $10 plus tax.

Once you have the SIM card clear your browser login using secret incognito mode and go to your account profile. Scroll down towards the bottom and click on change SIM card. Enter the SIM card number and click save. If you have 2fa disabled for your login it will then send you a verification code to either your email or an SMS text to your phone. Once you enter the verification code it will confirm the Sim swap

However I tried swapping a SIM card yesterday and no matter what I did or what I tried it would not allow me to do so it would simply blank out the SIM card number box when I pressed save. As a result I had to contact customer support to change the SIM card for me. This was after several messages and a slew of verification questions and it was finally swapped this morning.

If you find you cannot change the SIM card yourself screenshot all of your information in your account so that you can answer all the verification questions that customer support will ask you. You can contact them by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking on SIMon to submit your support request ticket.

Jomp

Thx for the info that’s Where I was heading happy Thanksgiving 

@Jomp 

call and check ahead

Telus : 380 Boulevard Leduc Local 35, Brossard, Quebec J4Y 0B3  (450) 462-9094

Koodo:  2151 Boulevard Lapinière Unit KT24, Brossard, Quebec J4W 2T5    +14504652238

Jomp

I’m sure n Montreal Quebec well Brossard I think I have a Telus store like 10 minutes away from me I’ll go check

@Jomp wrote:

Hi guys so I have a new phone and my old Sim card won’t work in it it was a little damaged so I’m gonna go buy one at Walmart right now what do I have to do after I buy it

Walmart doesn't sell Public mobile SIM cards. You will need to visit a Telus or Koodo coprorately run/owned store or order one online.  Once you get a Public Mobile SIM card, you will need to go into your Self Serve account to change the active SIM card.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jomp 

You can no longer buy Public Mobile SIM cards at retailers like Walmart. They're only available from a select few Koodo or Telus corporate stores that are likely not open today. Otherwise you have to order from public mobile or Amazon. Where are you located?

Need Help? Let's chat.