cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Pre-Owned Phones

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems like PM has updated the Pre-Owned site to include 3 new phones. 

The phone selection is:

ZTE Blade A7P $139

Moto G Pure $145

Alcatel $79

12 REPLIES 12

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Related question... Where do the phones come from ? Is there potential for bootlegs esp with the bigger brands? Are they limited to previous telus/koodo phones?

They're usually phones that were purchased at Koodo or Telus stores and then returned within the 30 day return policy.  Potentially, some of these devices could be warranty repaired units or manufactuer replacements.

Pawprints1986

Related question... Where do the phones come from ? Is there potential for bootlegs esp with the bigger brands? Are they limited to previous telus/koodo phones?

I took a chance on eBay years ago and ended up with a crappy built low performance "Samsung" which I never did end up using as a phone. My old phone, real Samsung, with lower specs was faster and better

@LeePublic wrote:

@JL9 Personally I'd get the Moto 1st,  the ZTE 2nd, and the Alcatel 3rd.

There's a mistake in the wy that these are advertised. What model is "Alcatel"?  Public Mobile has only listed a brand name.  I wouldn't buy a device without knowing what I'm getting. 

@LeePublic wrote:

Seems like PM has updated the Pre-Owned site to include 3 new phones. 

The phone selection is:

ZTE Blade A7P $139

Moto G Pure $145

Alcatel $79

These have been there a while, and while more choice is good, Public Mobile hasn't always had very good price on these devices.

I know alcatel is sort of the insignia or westinghouse tv version of phones lol...how do the first 2 stack up next to the samsung galaxy line of phones from s9 up to 22?

LeePublic

@JL9 Personally I'd get the Moto 1st,  the ZTE 2nd, and the Alcatel 3rd.

How are these phones in terms of quality and bang for your buck? 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Yummy   it is just the 5G equipment:

But myself, I would not buy ZTE or Huawei.

Thanks for clarification. AS USUAL, any news over radio or TV has to be checked, double checked and confirmed with various More reliable sources. They did not mention 5G at all. Just BANNED, blah, bah, blah, spies, blah, etc.

@Yummy wrote:

I just heard on radio, ZTE is banned from Canadian network. Same as Huawei. So good luck buying those brands...

HI @Yummy   it is just the 5G equipment:

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/canada-announce-ban-use-huawei-zte-5g-equipment-sourc...

as long as Google is not banning it like how it bans Huawei, it should be ok.

But myself, I would not buy ZTE or Huawei.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @LeePublic   the moto G looks good and good price

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I just heard on radio, ZTE is banned from Canadian network. Same as Huawei. So good luck buying those brands...

DDM69

Great news!  Thanks 👍

Need Help? Let's chat.