cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plan Offerings

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Community,

I currently have the $25 monthly plan, I have had to purchase add-ons on several occasions.

Anyone planning to upgrade...any thoughts.  The $41.25 monthly plan looks intriguing.

Is it worth it to change from 3G to 4G speed?

@Eliza5 

22 REPLIES 22

@Eliza5 Their promotional offers almost always were targeted to new customers. Existing customers rarely got any deals unless they launched a new price reduced plan. That is how they get new customers. Being an existing customers for years also has its benefits through the rewards program. 

Eliza5

@NDesai ,

I think there bonus point offerings should also apply to current customers who upgrade their plan.

Can someone look into this?

Thanks,

@Eliza5

That is only for new activations.

Offer current as of July 13, 2022. Offer available to new customers who activate at Public Mobile. Offer provides 15% points-back for 12 months on eligible purchases on your plan or add-ons. Offer subject to change, and may be removed at any time. 15% points-back applies only to customer spend on plan renewals and add-ons, and is not applicable to any other method of earning points (such as welcome present points, give back points, refer-a-friend, anniversary, etc.). Offer is applied as a 10% points-back bonus on top of the current in-market points-back offer of 5%. After the 12-month period, the 15% offer will be removed, and customer will revert to the in-market points-back offer, which is currently 5%

Eliza5

@NDesai 

When one switches to the new plans as an existing PM customer one also receives 3X's the rewards.  Is this correct?  When I went to switch plans it didn't mention 3X's the rewards...

@Eliza5 wrote:

I am currently using a GPS style app on a daily basis which consumes most of my data.

Are you doing deliveries or something? Google maps can be downloaded to use offline without being on data. Turn on location and you can see your location on the map and it will move with you. You could turn on data briefly to switch to other modes. It will do directions. But not traffic.

Location services (GPS radio) does not use data.

@Eliza5 

I am surprised you want to switch plans when you heard that PM is going out of business.

No, you can switch back and forth on any plans…you might be thinking about switching from the old Rewards system to the new Points system. Once you switch from the old Rewards system to the Points system you can’t switch back.

@Eliza5 wrote:

My understanding is if one switches to one of the new plans they can't switch back to the original plan.

@Eliza5

The above isn't quire right.  Whenever switching plans, you can only switch to plan that Public Mobile currently offers.  If the plan that you're coming from is offered when and if you switch back, you could get the same plan back again.   On a saide note, tagging it used to getting the attention of someone else, but I've noticed that you've been tagging yourself. 

@Eliza5 wrote:

@Timer ,

Usually use in Metro Vancouver or the downtown core.

@Eliza5 

ok they GPS brand TomTom, they have also apps but i'm not sure the price for one time to use for a lifetime but there other apps you can use it for free no need any data.

@Eliza5 wrote:

@esjliv ,

Why would anyone move to a 4G if they are so similar?

@Eliza5 

to get a little increase data limit..

Eliza5

@Timer ,

Usually use in Metro Vancouver or the downtown core..

@Eliza5

Eliza5

@esjliv ,

Why would anyone move to a 4G if they are so similar?

@Eliza5 

@Eliza5 

buy it  GPS brand TomTom the best and free no need any data.

@Eliza5 

you switch to any plan you like your money pay for service and get, not pay not getting

and your rewards will be keep it as is in new plan they rewards will be in your account with any plan you switch to.

Eliza5

@hairbag1 ; @NDesai ,

I am currently using a GPS style app on a daily basis which consumes most of my data.

@Eliza5 

Eliza5

@NDesai 

Currently only have 1GB and would be nice to have at least 2GB per month without having to purchase add-ons or use the reward points.  

My understanding is if one switches to one of the new plans they can't switch back to the original plan.

@Eliza5

@NDesai @Eliza5 

the LTE network. speed and signal strength may won't see a big difference from 3/4/5 G,

but depends on your device configuration, e.g. if you have 5 years old device, the speed same with device 6 month old or new.

i did some research,about  3/4/5 G, it's all same just cost more money but
they doing to given more limit data,to pay more,
but the device is the big deal to used to get the fast speed.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Eliza5 If you haven't noticed any slowness on the current $25 3G plan, you won't see a big difference with 4G plan. Things might load quick, but hard to notice. I suggest you try out the $40 5GB at 3G speed plan for 30 days before trying the 4G plan. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Guess that will depend on your data needs going forward.

Personally...I'm ok with the 3G speeds that I have now....but I don't download movies or tunes using data either.

Are you happy with the 3G speeds or do you ever find yourself wishing you had 4G speeds ?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is all the internet usage you do with your 1gb and add-ons being given to you at an acceptable to you speed? Perhaps moving up to the $35 plan would be a more economical idea. Or if the add-on purchasing is only every several months, maybe the infrequent $15 cost is better than the every 30 days extra 10 bucks.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 -if you had to regular buy data addons, then it is likely you may benefit from upping to a higher data bucket plan. It is very easy to change plans through your My Account, and the beauty of public mobile, is, you can try it for 30 days or so, and if you went too high of a plan, then you just change to another one.

Remember to choose to change plan on NEXT Renewal. As if you change plans NOW you will not get prorated the $'s you already prepaid in your current cycle.

I have not switched a plan to 4G myself. But again, try it and see if you like. You can also switch back on future renewals.

edit, spelling

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 

if you need one time to buy it add-ons it's ok but if need time to time it's too expensive.

Plans with 3G speed may reach download speeds of up to 3 Mbps,

and plans with 4G speed may reach download speeds up to 100 Mbps, with the coverage and reliability of the LTE network. Speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management and other factors.

e.g. Mercedes vs Ferrari ... so in the end both is drive.

Need Help? Let's chat.