cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone Delivery.

MotoGoGo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure this is the right sub for this .....

Ordered a new phone from Public last week.  Shipped via UPS (Canada Post ??) Checked shipping status - UPS website shows two attempted deliveries - yesterday and the day before.  There were no attempted delivery tags at the door.  When I click 'change delivery' on the UPS tracking site it asks for the tracking number again (odd since it's on the page where I'm clicking 'change delivery'). and at that point the tracking number comes up as 'invalid' and suggests using the delivery notice number which doesn't exist at this point.  I'm a bit stumped.

23 REPLIES 23

Vab

That’s what happened with my phone delivery , 2 appalling companies , a perfect storm

@NDesai @computergeek541 

@Vab has 3 topics only.....might make sense to roll them all together.......there are missing answers here to the other posts. 

Vab

I tried to get info from UPS and got led down the garden path. They’ll tell you anything you want to hear

Vab

UPS messed up my delivery also 

@MotoGoGo Did you call UPS? They can easily ship it to nearest pick up location, and you can go there for pick up when you can. Most certainly, you don't want them to send the package back to sender. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

I think PM does not ship out the phone themselves.   They probably arrange the phones from different vendors and the vendors send it out from their warehouse.  So, the courier they use could be different

Likely.....but OP indicates is confused with the difference of UPS and Canada Post but clearly states "UPS website shows two attempted deliveries". 

I think PM does not ship out the phone themselves.   They probably arrange the phones from different vendors and the vendors send it out from their warehouse.  So, the courier they use could be different

@MotoGoGo wrote:

"

Could you be a victim of porch pirate?

Most packages these days are just dropped at doorstep with no signature required.

"

The shipping notification states: 'signature required'.

Mine did too (for SIM)....but UPS contractor just left it on the porch..no knock or door or bell ring.  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@MotoGoGo wrote:

The Public mobile details show shipping via Canada post but when the tracking link is clicked it goes to UPS tracking site which shows two attempted deliveries - with a next step of 'return to sender'  I believe Canadian UPS is 'owned' by Canada post but when I try the tracking number on Canada post tracking site I get an 'invalid tracking number'.

UPS isn't owned by Canada Post.  The Public Mobile ordering website will mention Canada Post, but Public Mobile does not always ship using Canada Post.  As the shipping confirmation that you receeived says that shipping was done by UPS, this is the shipping company that you need to be in contact with.  As you know, UPS's website is ups.com (canadapost.ca will be of no use to you).  UPS can be conrtacted at 1-800-742-5877.  Please note that Canada Post cannot help you with this matter. They are a different shipping company.

While we are not in America...USA....some get confused by what UPS is vs USPS.  Good ploy for UPS. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@MotoGoGo wrote:

Ordered a new phone from Public last week.  Shipped via UPS (Canada Post ??) Checked shipping status - UPS website shows two attempted deliveries - yesterday and the day before.  There were no attempted delivery tags at the door.  When I click 'change delivery' on the UPS tracking site it asks for the tracking number again (odd since it's on the page where I'm clicking 'change delivery'). and at that point the tracking number comes up as 'invalid' and suggests using the delivery notice number which doesn't exist at this point.  I'm a bit stumped.

Start with the easiest...check with your local Canada Post office and see if they can initiate a track. I thought that PM used Canada Post for their delivery...but could be either.

@hairbag1 They used, this month, UPS to deliver SIM cards...so why not a phone like OP says?

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Meow  they made several delivery attempts so don't think the package itself is stolen but just not delivered properly it looks like.

@MotoGoGo wrote:

"

Most packages these days are just dropped at doorstep with no signature required.

"

The issue of the package being stolen from outside your place isn't an issue since as you said, tracking show no delivery so far.  As for a signature being requied, during this COVID-19 pandemic, many shipping companies have openly stated that most signature requests would be ignored. I'm finding that to still the case with delivered packages.

MotoGoGo

"

"

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Most packages these days are just dropped at doorstep with no signature required. Maybe it is required but nobody cares...

When walking around my neighbourhood I always see few packages dropped at doorsteps from different delivery companies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MotoGoGo 

much better to you getting right answer from right representative them only the know which tracking number is the correct for your order,, and you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,
  • order number

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check the tracking number on both UPS and Canada Post.  Canada Post's tracking number should be a 16-digit number with a space between every 4 numbers.  If the tracking number doesn't look like that, then most likely it wasn't shipped by Canada Post and it was probably by UPS.  I would also call UPS to find out about the two delivery attempts so they can find out what happened.  Sometimes you get those drivers that do not leave delivery notice because he/she wants to attempt delivery again or forgot to leave a notice.  

And then if neither of the shipping company is able to locate the package, then I would contact the Customer Agent of Public Mobile to follow up on the delivery of the phone by sending them a private message from "Community" with "CS_Agent" as the recipient for the "To" field. 

Hope this helps.  Keep us updated if you can.  

MotoGoGo

"UPS isn't owned by Canada Post. "

Yes, I was thinking of Purolator which is owned by Canada Post.

@MotoGoGo wrote:

The Public mobile details show shipping via Canada post but when the tracking link is clicked it goes to UPS tracking site which shows two attempted deliveries - with a next step of 'return to sender'  I believe Canadian UPS is 'owned' by Canada post but when I try the tracking number on Canada post tracking site I get an 'invalid tracking number'.

UPS isn't owned by Canada Post.  The Public Mobile ordering website will mention Canada Post, but Public Mobile does not always ship using Canada Post.  As the shipping confirmation that you receeived says that shipping was done by UPS, this is the shipping company that you need to be in contact with.  As you know, UPS's website is ups.com (canadapost.ca will be of no use to you).  UPS can be conrtacted at 1-800-742-5877.  Please note that Canada Post cannot help you with this matter. They are a different shipping company.

MotoGoGo

@hairbag1 wrote:

@MotoGoGo wrote:

Start with the easiest...check with your local Canada Post office and see if they can initiate a track. I thought that PM used Canada Post for their delivery...but could be either.

@MotoGoGo 

As mentioend, the first thing to do is determine which shipping company was used to ship the package. Canada Post cannot help with shipments from UPS.  Also, Public Mobile has used various carriers in the past that I know of includding Canada Post, UPS, Purolator, TForce Final Mile (Dynamex), and Intelcom.

As for if this package was sent by Canada Post, I very much disagree with going to the local post office.   For one, from the information that you've seen, delivery was attempted twice already, and Canada Post does not try multiple times for delivery.   That almost entirely rules out that your package was shipped using Canada Post. Also, you've already mentioned that you tracking using the UPS website.  Although there are regions where UPS does not deliver packages themselves to (they might hand off to Canada Post), that isn't the norm.  But let's assume that your package was sent by Canada Post, in which the best assistance you could receive would be from Canada Post customers service over the phone or at canadapost.ca.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@MotoGoGo Check the tracking number on Canada Post as well to confirm if they shipped via UPS or Canada Post. If you see some tracking details on UPS, likely the package is with them. Give them a call and they will give you more info or set up a nearest pick up location. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MotoGoGo wrote:

@MotoGoGo 

PM sent you the tracking number?

I would open a ticket with PM and have them track or change shipping address 

To open ticket with PM:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "CPO phones", click "Track my order", click "I still haven't received my phone yet" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MotoGoGo wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.