cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer

Judith7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New Customer!  Followed directions exactly!!’ I have yet to access calls in coming or out going!  Got a ticket “again” but ticket instructions not helpful!  Directed me here which isn’t a very obvious step!!! .  Have tried all trouble shooting suggestions.  Been at this awhile?? Phone on off, SIM card removed reinstalled?????!???

4 REPLIES 4

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

What happens if you out the SIM in another phone?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Judith7 

It sounds like porting your old number over to PM was incomplete.

It is pretty simple but the process must be followed in order of these steps:

1. You old account must be active and NOT cancelled. Take down of your account number and use your account number rather than the IMEI of the phone on the form.

2. Active your SIM on your computer.

3. Leave your old SIM and wait for there text confirming you are porting your number over to PM. There is 90 minutes window to reply or the porting process will be cancelled.

4. The porting will take about 90 minutes to complete so your old SIM continue to work until porting is completed.

5. Power off your phone by holding down your power button and power off.

6. Swap the old SIM with the PM SIM then power on the phone.

Do you know which step you missed?

You can contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by typing in Create a Ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Judith7

How about texts? In/out? Mobile data? Do you see Public Mobile at the top of the phone's screen? Did you choose a new number or port one in? Do you have another phone you can put the Sim card in to test if you get the same result? If not that's fine and if you have no working services on the Sim card then it likely did not provision correctly upon activation.

Have you tried logging into your self serve account? Did you double check that your payment card got charged your plan amount? If your card has been charged then contact customer support. If SIMon continues to run you in circles then send a private message instead. Put "Sim card not provisioned correctly upon activation" in the subject line and read the spoiler in the linked post below include the info on lines #1 and #2 and a detailed message.....lol...you can skip my rant!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

@Judith7 wrote:

New Customer!  Followed directions exactly!!’ I have yet to access calls in coming or out going!  Got a ticket “again” but ticket instructions not helpful!  Directed me here which isn’t a very obvious step!!! .  Have tried all trouble shooting suggestions.  Been at this awhile?? Phone on off, SIM card removed reinstalled?????!???

This sounds to be an issue with the intital set up of the service on the account.  The way that you were sent back here means that a ticket was never opened. You'll need to go back to the chatbot and request that a ticket be opened so that matter can be discussed with a customer support agent.  At the cahtbot, typing in either "ticket" or "customer support agent" provides the option to start a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.