cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5GB at 4G Speed

noidea
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good Afternoon,

I see that Public Mobile is currently offering a $40 plan that includes 5GB at 4G speed. 

My question is, I am already on the $40 plan but at the 5Gb at 3G speed.  If I switch to the 4G is there any hidden fee's or will I loose my rewards (Recommend a Friend, and Loyalty discounts), or would the plan remain the exact same at $40 will all the same rewards?

Thanks,

M.

15 REPLIES 15

HI @bluejaywpg   Yes, that 2GB offer will be gone if you change plan.  But OP said he has been here for 5 years, so he won't be one of those. 

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow no I was referring to past flash sales (probably a year ago or longer) where it appeared you could sign up as a new customer & get 2 GB bonus monthly data (well every 30 days) in perpetuity until you cancel or change your plan. I thought the practice of limiting the 2 GB bonus data to 6 or 12 months was a more recent practice by PM.

vandenhooff

Good point. Any idea where I can read the terms and conditions online?

When I’m in My Account, the bonus is shown as follows:

2 GB
Bonus 2GB - Kiosk Promo
Current Plan Cycle:Unlimited
2 GB left
(As an fyi I’m not a heavy data user, normally I’m below 2GB per billing cycle)

HI @bluejaywpg  if you meant the 2GB bonus we got during December, then that Christmas bonus is good until it is used up, changing plan won't have any effect to that

@vandenhooff wrote:

I am on the $40 3G 5GB plan and when I signed I received a 2 GB monthly bonus. So I have 7 GB per month. Plus I have $7 in monthly rewards. So, like others are asking here, what will my net cost be, pre tax, and how many GB will my monthly plan include if I switch to the $40 4G 5GB plan? 

I’m hoping the answer is $33 ($40-7) and 7GB of data.

Your rewards won't be afffected. However, as to the 2GB bonus that you got at activation, that would depend on teh terms and conditions specified for that offer.

vandenhooff

I am on the $40 3G 5GB plan and when I signed I received a 2 GB monthly bonus. So I have 7 GB per month. Plus I have $7 in monthly rewards. So, like others are asking here, what will my net cost be, pre tax, and how many GB will my monthly plan include if I switch to the $40 4G 5GB plan? 

I’m hoping the answer is $33 ($40-7) and 7GB of data.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow were there not some old 2 GB per month of bonus data promos offered in the past that were good forever, not just for 12 months? (Meaning good until plan change or cancellation)

noidea

But I did get the 2GB activation bonus when I signed up 5 years ago.  Will that be affected?

noidea

Excellent point.  
Thanks

@noidea wrote:

So I take it there would be no downfall to upgrading to the 4G speed if I have been a member for 5 years?

HI @noidea   no downfall, since you are here 5 years, the 2GB activation bonus does not apply to you for sure.  So, nothing to loss other than gaining, gaining the 4G speed

Remember  there could be a 48 hours delay for speed change

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@noidea your good to go just remember the way to change.. instantly costs what you’ve paid plus new plan. Next renewal is the ticket

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @noidea   No, there is no hidden terms there  🙂

you can change it and it won't affect your rewards.

But you don't have 2GB bonus data from activation, right?  that would be the possible loss for those who have it when changing plan

noidea

So I take it there would be no downfall to upgrading to the 4G speed if I have been a member for 5 years?

@noidea wrote:

I see that Public Mobile is currently offering a $40 plan that includes 5GB at 4G speed. 

My question is, I am already on the $40 plan but at the 5Gb at 3G speed.  If I switch to the 4G is there any hidden fee's or will I loose my rewards (Recommend a Friend, and Loyalty discounts), or would the plan remain the exact same at $40 will all the same rewards?

There are no fees to switch plans. However, to avoid losing money paid into your current plan, you must pre-schedule any plan change to occur during the new renewal (note that it is good enough to just manually change the plan on the same day as the renewal - you must schedule the change).

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@noidea  You won’t lose any loyalty rewards… they will stay

Need Help? Let's chat.