cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never receive any text offer

milomilemila
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im currently with PM $120/12GB/90 days plan. I have never received any text offer from PM. I would like to switch over to Koodo but unable to do so as in-store reps asked to see the actual text offer. 

Can someone please help??

In the past, i was a Koodo customer before switching to PM, i unsubscribed the text offer from Koodo. Since then, i never received any text offered again even though Im with PM now. Maybe this is the issue. How do I subscribe back??? 

21 REPLIES 21

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13wrote:

@kentnleungwrote:

try texting offer to 5533

That should be 5133

@ShawnC13

yes, my apologies.

milomilemila

That doesnt work. Seems like once i unsubscribe, i cannot subscribe back...

@kentnleungwrote:

That should be 5133

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

kentnleung

milomilemila

@kav2001cwrote:

If you unsubscribe from receiving offers etc they do not send the txt to you

Do you know how i subscribe back then?

kentnleung

The metrotown, vancouver bc wow mobile store didn't ask for my text.

Showed her the code and it worked.

ReggaeGroove
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@torontokriswrote:

@ReggaeGroovewrote:

I am in the same boat, I just tried the promo code with my PM number online and it applied the $100 credit, but didn't change the plan that I just  randomly selected to show $40 or 5gb (or 4gb) or anything.  I went to a store yesterday and the employee said he could try and put it through the system, but he didn't want to make me go through a credit check if I wasn't eligibile.  

Anyhow I am going through the moderators here and escalating, but I may just try again at that store.

If it worked online you are more then likely eligible. The plan does NOT change online!

Ask the store if they are willing to use the codes as some stores are not. Or some stores will say outright they want to see the text.

Ah, thanks, I know you've been helping on RFD as well, but honestly the pace of those threads is such that it's hard to find what you're looking for, and this issue only seems to be affecting a smaller subset of people.  

Would another idea be to change the plan online, have the credit applied, and then phone customer service or go in-store so they can pull the account up and see that I was indeed eligible?  Or is this deal actually only available in-store?   I will go to a few stores today or tomorrow. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ReggaeGroovewrote:

I am in the same boat, I just tried the promo code with my PM number online and it applied the $100 credit, but didn't change the plan that I just  randomly selected to show $40 or 5gb (or 4gb) or anything.  I went to a store yesterday and the employee said he could try and put it through the system, but he didn't want to make me go through a credit check if I wasn't eligibile.  

Anyhow I am going through the moderators here and escalating, but I may just try again at that store.

If it worked online you are more then likely eligible. The plan does NOT change online!

Ask the store if they are willing to use the codes as some stores are not. Or some stores will say outright they want to see the text.

ReggaeGroove
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you unsubscribe from receiving offers etc they do not send the txt to you

@milomilemilawrote:

I tried but didnt get any responses. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Receiving the text invite is not necessary.  Just check the 4 gig promo code online and if the phone number is eligible, the 5 gig promo is eligible at the stores by default.  There are lots of reports of stores asking to see the text.  If they are using that as proof of eligibility, run away.  Eligibility is determined by the phone number combined with promo code.  When these are entered into the system, all the data about the Public Mobile account shows up on the system.  The agent can inspect and confirm ownership of account before proceeding with the port.  This is why the text message says you need to supply two pieces of ID. 

@torontokriswrote:

@milomilemila did you unsubscribe from receiving offers? Never mind i just resting that you did. Try another store some don't even ask for the text. Keep trying or just take the 4gb plan

They really don't need to see the text.  If you provide the code (which is the same for anyone who is eligible) and they enter it, the system will then ask for a Public Mobile phone number.  It will show your eligibility for that promotion right on the computer screen.

torontokris

@milomilemila did you unsubscribe from receiving offers? Never mind i just resting that you did. Try another store some don't even ask for the text. Keep trying or just take the 4gb plan

milomilemila

@torontokriswrote:

@milomilemilawrote:

@torontokriswrote:

Try a different store. Some just had to show the code IF you are on an eligible plan 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

I know the code via RFD but thanks. 

Anyway I tried 2 stores at 2 different malls already... 

Have you impress the code online least see if it says success. You won't see the plan online but add any plan to your cart and add promo code see if it says success

Yes Im eligible for the promo. Tried with the 40/4 code and eligible. Its just that something wrong with my phone number for not receiving the text. 

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try contacting the Moderator Team and asking them to check if you would be eligible, and if so, why you didn't receive the text offer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

torontokris

@milomilemilawrote:

@torontokriswrote:

Try a different store. Some just had to show the code IF you are on an eligible plan 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Have you impress the code online least see if it says success. You won't see the plan online but add any plan to your cart and add promo code see if it says success

milomilemila

@torontokriswrote:

GOKOODO405GBBPO

torontokris

@milomilemilawrote:

Im currently with PM $120/12GB/90 days plan. I have never received any text offer from PM. I would like to switch over to Koodo but unable to do so as in-store reps asked to see the actual text offer. 

Can someone please help??

In the past, i was a Koodo customer before switching to PM, i unsubscribed the text offer from Koodo. Since then, i never received any text offered again even though Im with PM now. Maybe this is the issue. How do I subscribe back??? 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

brainfreze

Same here. 

milomilemila

I tried but didnt get any responses. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Text the word ‘offer’ to 5133 and wait for a response.  

Need Help? Let's chat.