cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls go straight to voice mail

Daxtor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile last week. Right after porting I can call out and also receive calls (and the phone rings).  However in the last 2 days my phone no longer rings when my wife calls me and it becomes a major problem.  I tried restarting the phone multiple times, pull out the sim and put it back in and still it doesn't ring when someone calls me.  My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

What can I do?  😞

12 REPLIES 12

Daxtor

@Chalupa_BatmanWell I put my work phone sim card from Rogers into my Note 9 and rebooted it. It rings with the Rogers sim when I call my work phone number.  So I don't think it is the phone's setting...

@RastinIt isn't just my wife.  Anyone who calls me, can't get to me because my Note 9 doesn't ring.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since it's just your wife number that's not coming through you should check your block list and see if you have block her number.

Hey @Daxtor Try something silly for me eh? Switch SIM cards. Shut both phones down, put your card into hers and put hers into yours. Then reboot the phones. What happens?

Daxtor

I can get my wife to call Fido to find out as she was the main account holder for the phone line.  It is just weird that the phone was working perfectly for the first few days (both incoming and outgoing) but now I can only dial out but can't receive calls. Oh well let's hope customer support will get to my ticket soon.  Thank again @Chalupa_Batman 

That's odd they don't even have the request on file? Sounds off. Even though your SIM card doesn't work with Fido, you should call them and confirm your account there is closed. Sometime I've heard of ports being completed but the account is still open which means the port wasn't actually completed.

As you've said, you've created a ticket so hopefully they will reach out and resolve this for you. All the best @Daxtor 

Daxtor

hmm just called the number and it tells me that a transfer request doesn't exist with my phone number.  So I think the porting is done completely, but something may have gone wrong with the network setting?

Daxtor

@Chalupa_BatmanThanks for your help!  Appreciate it!

Daxtor

@BKNS27 Do not disturb definitely is turned off as I can hear the alert of new emails.  I already submitted a ticket using chat. Hopefully will be contacted soon.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Daxtor 

Check to see if Do Not Disturb is enabled in the settings. 
If not then have a CS_Agent look into the issue by submitting a ticket to an agent on the Chat bubble.

OK. Check up at the top corner of this page, I"ll send you a number to call and hopefully they can make adjustments required to fix this issue.

Daxtor

hi @Chalupa_Batman Thanks for getting in touch with me so quickly!  I just tested and the phone shows that "SIM not provisioned for voice".  So I don't have service with Fido anymore.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Daxtor 

If you put your Fido SIM card back in your phone, do you still have service? If so, the port wasn't done correctly and I can send you a number to call. But please confirm first.

Need Help? Let's chat.