cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to transfer my eSim temporarily to another phone while current gets repaired

Mike0027
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a phone with eSim, and need to send it in for repairs. Have another phone that takes eSim so was hoping I could just transfer it over to my temp phone.

Looking at help guides it looks like I need to pay $ for a new eSim, activate on temp phone, transfer the number over? Is it really that convoluted and will cost me money?

5 REPLIES 5

@Mike0027 wrote:

Thanks, I'll pickup a nano sim from amazon. Does it have to be from either telus or koodo to work?

Telus Mobility and Koodo Mobile SIM cards will not work with Public Mobile service.  A Public Mobile SIM card must be used.

Mike0027
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I'll pickup a nano sim from amazon. Does it have to be from either telus or koodo to work?

@Mike0027 wrote:

I have a phone with eSim, and need to send it in for repairs. Have another phone that takes eSim so was hoping I could just transfer it over to my temp phone.

Looking at help guides it looks like I need to pay $ for a new eSim, activate on temp phone, transfer the number over? Is it really that convoluted and will cost me money?

You won't need a get a new phone number.  Your phone number will stay the same.  Unfortunately, the difficulties that that you're mentioned show some of the downsides of eSIM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Mike0027 

there is no esim trnasfer. You will have to pay $5 for each 'transfer'

To get a esim install on another phone, you need to download the PM app on that phone, login, go to  Subscription & Addon page, click Shop sim card at the bottom and buy and install esim

since you need to "transfer" back and forth and at least need to pay $10, it is much better to change back to physical sim.  Get one from Amazon for $5 or Telus or Koodo store for $10 (still better or you can transfer more times in the future for free).  After you got the physical sim, login My account, Profile and click the pencil to the right of the sim number to update to the new sim card number

Need Help? Let's chat.