cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to release number for porting...

Danimal35
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, I'm switching carriers and need my number released to port over to the new carrier. I was told I need to request this manually since my account is currently inactive/expired.  Thanks. 

14 REPLIES 14

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Danimal35   claim down, posting multiple times on the same thing won't get you anywhere

If your service is suspended, reactivate and you can request porting 

If your service has been suspended for over 90 days, your account would have been permanently cancelled, your number would have returned back to the "pool"  and it won't be able to be port

Rules are rules, we are all following the porting rule laid out by CRTC and agreed by all Canadian carriers

@Danimal35 

You have 90 days from your renewal date to make a payment otherwise your account will be closed and number lost. Is that number important to you? If yes pay the $15. If no then get a new number at your new carrier.  Either way you don’t have to deal with Telus anymore.

@Danimal35   important question .. is your account currently active?

@Danimal35 wrote:

You check the law,,, 

I just checked the "law" for you

this is from CRTC:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

You can keep your phone number…

• If you transfer services from:
    • Landline to landline
    • Landline to mobile
    • Mobile to landline
    • Mobile to mobile
  • If your new service provider is doing the transfer and your existing services are still active.

CRTC cannot help you if your service is not active.

Danimal35

You check the law,,, It's a fact ,, they must release the number ,, the fact that they want to gouge one last payment is petty theft ,, what a joke ,  horrible outfit . 

@Danimal35 wrote:

Hence why I manually messaged in ,,  So by law they must release the phone number. 

what is "manually messaged in"?  is your account current active?  did you receive the text on an active service? did you reply yes?

Danimal35

Hence why I manually messaged in ,,  So by law they must release the phone number. 

@Danimal35 

from your earlier post:

Hi, I'm switching carriers and need my number released to port over to the new carrier. I was told I need to request this manually since my account is currently inactive/expired.  Thanks. 

ONLY ACTIVE Account can be ported out as you need to authenticate the porting by SMS.

PM was correct to not allow you to port away the number as it is not currently active

Check the law carefully first

Danimal35

Which is illegal for them to do.   We both know that. 

@Danimal35 

If your account is expired/suspended but not closed, just reactivate on the $15 plan to port your number out. 

Danimal35

By law they must port the number ...  pm the crooked carrier strikes again.  NEVER AGAIN ,, So now I have to report them and start a whole thing to get my number back , real fk'n nice , 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Danimal35   are you poritng into Koodo or Telus?  Those are the only carriers you can port when your account is inative/suspended

For all other carriers, you have no choice but to re-activate your account for one month for the porting. You can change your plan to $15 to make the reactivation cheaper

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 Hi you need to contact a customer service agent to see what they will do for you 

private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You'll need to reactivate your suspended Public Mobile account to receive the port authorization request, @Danimal35 

Do so with the cheapest plan ($15.00), then request the new provider to re-initiate the port.

Need Help? Let's chat.