cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to port back to Public Mobile

MaheshWag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had ported out my Public mobile number today. But I am not happy with the service so I want to port back to Public mobile. 

Question to @CS_Agent  

1. Can I port back to Public mobile with Same number and same SIM?
  2. Am I eligible to  to keep my old plan and old benefits of referral discounts and loyalty discounts?
  3. It so, what's the process to port back?
14 REPLIES 14

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh okay, thanks, I was assuming OP got a new number while porting but I do realize now

@Abheer Customer service is not needed to get the number back. Just open a new PM account via self serve and port the number back.

Abheer

Yes, I already replied saying that it isn't possible to get the SIM and get the rewards back, but BKNS' response said no to all 3 questions.

@Abheer The very act of porting back is keeping the number. That's not the issue here. OP wants to reuse their old sim and get their old account back with loyalty discounts, which isn't possible.

Abheer

He can port back, and customer service can probably help him get his old number back since he just ported today.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MaheshWag 

No, no and no.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Once you port out your account is closed and sim will never work again. You need a new account and sim, and you can't get your old loyalty discounts back unfortunately.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The answer to what is and isn't possible here relies entirely on whether the OP fully completed the port to the other provider.

If they did not - then the PM account is still available to them.

Only the OP knows this answer....

hi @Abheer 

unfortunately not 😞

Sorry @MaheshWag  to clarify 1., you can port back your old number but you need a new sim card

Abheer

He can't get his rewards and such back though right?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MaheshWag 

The below answers presume you completely ported your number to the other provider.   To be certain of this, when you put your Public Mobile SIM card in your device and check if there are still any active services on it (i.e. can you call, text, use mobile data...)    Another easy way is to try to log into self-serve to see if the account access is still there - if it is, you're still active here.   If it isn't, the prior account is gone, permanently.

1. Can I port back to Public mobile with Same number and same SIM?   If you successfully completed the port to the other provider, then NO, you cannot port back with the same PM SIM card.   You'll need a new one.  You can retain the same number if your port the number the same way you ported it out.  Just be sure to keep the other provider account active.
  2. Am I eligible to  to keep my old plan and old benefits of referral discounts and loyalty discounts?   No, the old plan and benefits will be GONE forever if your ported out.   
  3. It so, what's the process to port back?   To port back, obtain a new PM SIM card, and register a new account with the Public Mobile app to start afresh.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MaheshWag 

1. yes you can

2. only if your old plan is still available.  Everyone can only change to or get whatever plan available now

3. to port back, get a physical sim card from Telus or Koodo store (unless you decide to use eSIM),  then activate your phone number as usual.  On the steps about phone number, pick Transfer and enter the account number of your current carrier

MaheshWag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Adheer

Abheer

Hi @MaheshWag 
1) It is unlikely, but you can try to contact CS agent using the following link to ask them if they can give you the number back.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Make sure to monitor the envelope icon on the top right since that is where you will receive the response.

Abheer_0-1699924646840.png

2) When you port your number out, your Public Mobile account is closed, so no.
3) You can purchase a SIM Card, and a plan then make an account and activate.

EDIT: You don't need customer service if you have the same phone number with your new provider as you did with previous Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.