cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get my old number back

oildrips
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm wondering how I get my old number back. I had started the sign up process with PM about a month ago, and backed out.   This morning, my number was ported over to PM, so I finished the sign up, but had to pick a new number. I'd like to have my old number back.  How do we go about getting it?

45 REPLIES 45

@joleeshsy wrote:

I was the koodo planer and i switched to the PM 30 mins ago.

i was told choosed the new phone number for koodo planer when i started after then there was no information to get back my old phone number.  i want back my old number pls

If it's Koodo prepaid service, you need to send private message to Public Mobile Moderator_Team.  

If Koodo postpaid, you do it inside self serve and going to change phone number and tell it to transfer number from another carrier.

joleeshsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was the koodo planer and i switched to the PM 30 mins ago.

i was told choosed the new phone number for koodo planer when i started after then there was no information to get back my old phone number.  i want back my old number pls

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @oildrips,

We've all received your private messages, however you did not provide any information. I will be in the office until 5:30 pm (Montreal time), kindly private message me your Public Mobile SIM card number and the number you ported in. I will try my best to get everything resolved for you !

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I know, I'm really sorry 😞

oildrips

The best outcome for me right now is for PM to refund my cash, and leave me alone. That's how they save face with me, and the only opportunity to possibly win my business back. The wounds from the first porting attack had just begun to heal and they had salt rubbed in them again. Talk about kicking a person when they are down. And all the while by remaining silent/inactive. The only communication I've had was to tell me it's Groundhog day and we are going to mess with your life again for no reason.

Rockdaddy22
I guess it would depend what they did to make it right for me.

oildrips

How many times do you find hair in your food from the same restaurant and continue to dine there.

Rockdaddy22
Maybe it's a sign you should stick around this time 😉

oildrips

Why has this gone silent again? I'm asked questions by a mod and then they disappear.

oildrips
@Shazia_K

I had followed the steps outlined by users on this forum, and submitted the form regarding my porting issues on Dec 6. If that is considered 'recent', then yes. My initial problem is, 8 never wanted my number ported over to Public Mobile in the first place, and Dec 6 my number was ported to John Henry, a phantom account.

I had no choice but to activate a new Public Mobile account and pick a new number as I was without a phone. The goal was to port my original number to the new account. Wasn't able to.

I went back to my original provider, got sorted and just want my PM accounts closed and my money refunded.

Last night I got the reply to my email ticket about my original port. I sent a reply stating I didn't authorize this and to please not port my number.

You've seen the reply I got today.

Why can't PM just give me my money back and stop messing with me? Just make right the wrongdoings you've made me encounter and leave me alone.

carmennic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
It's unfortunate that pm seems to be porting numbers that people don't want ported and they are unable to port those who do? Would you stay with a company that has given you the run around like this? The fact that he is out of country and will be without a phone for emergencies.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @oildrips

I'm very sorry to hear about this, this is definitely not a right situation. 

Frist of all, no company can request a port request without your consent, we need account related information in order to complete the request and an agent can definitely not guess your account or pin # with Rogers right? was this info provided by you to us recently? 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Jeremy_M this is getting kind of ridiculous. We keep porting this poor guys number even though he doesn't want to. I understand staff is going through old cases trying to solve them. But this customer had already been taken care of. Now I'll have to bother @Shazia_K to see if she can help. I'm sorry about this again oildrips, anyway you might stay this time 🙂 Look how quickly you got ported again:)

oildrips
There is something seriously wrong with this company. My number got ported over to Public Mobile without my authorization for the second time. After last weeks BS, I set my Rogers account up again. Last night I got an email saying my number was going to be ported again. I sent a reply that I didn't want that to happen. Today I got a reply that it's already been done. WTF. I'm out of country, and no phone. The CRTC will be getting another complaint about this.

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile, I am sorry that you had issues with your account. I will be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately the port request has been completed for the number 403-680-. You need to contact Rogers and request a port back from Public Mobile. Your Public Mobile account number is: 1000000.

I hope I was able to assist you with your request.

How is this assistance?

r3dcomet

yeah mine is too. my old provider is chatr so i guess i will have to call them see what they can find out!

oildrips

Try calling your old number and see what happens. Mine was out of service.

oildrips

I called my old provider, asked about why my service was cancelled.  They found where my number went and to what name/provider/account.

r3dcomet

may I ask how you got the account number on your own? this would be really helpful since i won'thave to deal with them anymore.

Rockdaddy22
They will get back to you and acknowledge you, you'll just have to be patient.

boontis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Brutal situation, I had recommended PM to @oildrips and although my signup had zero issues, in fact I had raved about it, this situation, specifically how a port from another provider could occur without completing signup, is very concerning.

It is outrageous that this could result from starting a signup and then leaving or closing the page. And the problem is compounded by a lack of response and a ridiculous SLA for support.

Definately alters my view of the company and the service provided by PM. 

oildrips
I understand that the company is in its infancy, however this is no different than a restaurant. If you are stitting down ready to order and no one takes your order, do you wait 20 hrs or 20 min before you leave? If Public Mobile wants to change my perception, they will reach out to me, acknowledge the errors made, and just give my money back. This is their opportunity to make or break perception.

Rockdaddy22
Fair enough, hopefully you give us another chance down the road sometime. This company is still in its infancy, and it will learn a lot of lessons from these failures. The popularity of this promo took everyone by surprise and system didn't hold up. They're just trying to get through the backlog now.

Before this promo you would have had a solution in minutes to hours, not days to weeks. It's very unfortunate that we made a bad first impression with you.

oildrips
This would have been very easy to resolve had someone reached out. No one did. I need my new number cancelled and my money back. How do we make this happen?

oildrips
I did want to join at some point, on my own terms when I was ready to. I did decide to give PM a chance when they ported my number without my permission (a failure of the privacy act), so benefit of the doubt was given. Then, mods were messaged and no one replied, even to say they'd look into it (another failure), and the. The tech support email was filled out, the one that states someone will get back to within 48 hrs(didn't happen so another failure), and then a message in this thread from an Oracle that we'd try to get it resolved yesterday am (no contact from anyone to make this happen, so yet another failure). All it would have taken was someone letting me know my concerns were important and that someone would look into it. Still hasn't happened. What would you do? Wait another few days unreachable by people? Thats unreasonable.

Rockdaddy22
There's a difference between ignoring you and just not getting to you yet. To bad you couldn't have stayed, you obviously wanted to join at one time

oildrips
A month ago, I started the process to switch to PM, filled out the online form and cancelled before any payment was given. 3 days ago now my phone went dead as PM ported my number to them, even though I cancelled the transaction. My number was ported to an account named 'John Henry', a phantom account. The number was inactive, and my contract with Rogers cancelled without my permission/consent.

Rogers verified that PM had my number. Having no choice and no phone, I set up an actual account with PM ( a different account than the phantom 'John Henry'), tried to get my number, was denied, so I picked a new number and followed all the advice to get my original number back. I've been ignored for 2 days, with zero correspondence from Public Mobile. I went back to Rogers and set up a new account with them, retrieving my original number from 'John Henry' and now I'd like Public Mobile to cancel my replacement number and refund my money.

I believe Public Mobile is completely responsible for this whole mess for porting my number in the first place without me completing the sign up a month ago, failing to give me the proper number, ignoring my requests for help.

Anyone that thinks I'm overreacting should turn their phone off for a day or two and see how it feels.

Rockdaddy22
You paid? Just be patient you'll receive a reply. You paid but didn't give consent?

oildrips
There are quite a few issues with what is happening here. 1. My number was ported by PM without my permission/consent. I believe this is a violation of my privacy/privacy act. 2. Knowing this issue has happened, here has been no apology from Public Mobile. 3. There has been no communication from Public Mobile or its representatives at all. I've followed the steps suggested to message the mods/email Public Mobile/post on the forum, and not a peep. 5. A massive inconvenience caused by Public Mobile and zero known effort to rectify the solution.

On my own, I was able to get the account number that PM ported my number to. I've been back to Rogers and have signed up with them again. There is something to be said for face to face contact. Public Mobile needs to cancel my new phone number and refund my money, as this is an issue they caused without my permission/consent, and has caused me nothing but grief. I'm a reasonable person. Had any effort been made to resolve this, I probably could have looked passed the initial error, but instead have been left stranded by this company. I need my account cancelled and my money refunded, but have no idea on who to talk to about this.

r3dcomet

so despite not having completed your sign up with your own number, they have an account number for that? how did you manage to find out? I private messaged the mod and got no response. 

If i was in your situation, I guess I would give Rogers then PM accounting number for your old phone # and the old phone # so they can port it back to Rogers? Since this is the fatest and more safe way in securing your number right?

oildrips

So in an attempt to get my old number back, I called Rogers again (my old provider) to see if they could take my number back, set it up in Rogers again so I could use the self service tool to port it again. They told me that PM has my number, and gave me the account number at PM with my phone number attached to it. It's different from my current account number. How do I switch this to use the account that has my old number associated with it?  

Its unfortunate that I have all the info I need to fix this, but not the tools to do this myself.  I'm really trying to be patient, but its proving to be difficult.  There has been little to no communication from PM about this.  The mods have been sent message, but are silent, and I filled out the email form and have heard nothing back within the 48hr as promised. 

What do I need to do to get some assistance with my issue? 

Need Help? Let's chat.