cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to create a ticket to port number

Lynnlegros
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I need help porting my old phone number from Petro Canada to PM. How do I create a ticket?

8 REPLIES 8

@darlicious wrote:

however in this case since the OP has already activated with a temporary number the issue of choosing Petro Canada mobility as a provider when porting upon activation is no longer an issue

@darlicious 

you know what, the new My Account, you still need to select the provider info 

softech_0-1662342523704.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Thank you I corrected my post to use the IMEI instead of the account number when porting from Petro Canada mobility however in this case since the OP has already activated with a temporary number the issue of choosing Petro Canada mobility as a provider when porting upon activation is no longer an issue when using the change number feature in their self-serve account.

Edit:

Correction it has not been determined if the OP has indeed already activated although this is what I have assumed. And you know what happens when you assume....lol...🤔😀😅😂

@darlicious   my notes is based on Petro Canada.  I checked earlier Petro Canada Mobile is not part of the carrier list for porting

Also, there was another post about Petro-Canada

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Transferring-a-number-from-Petro-Cana...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I think you are getting mixed up like I have in the past with petrocan mobile and PC Mobile. These are two different mobile providers in particular PC Mobile was formerly partially owned by Telus and Bell with Telus owning the post-paid portion of the company and Bell owning the prepaid portion of the company.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lynnlegros 

For porting from Petro Canada, you are advised to first pick a new number for activation first and request porting after

First check if your number can be ported into PM first:
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Then, please activate with a brand new phone number first. After activation is completed, you can then request porting by logging into My Account, click Change Number and follow the steps there

There, it should  not ask you  what old carrier is.  Simply put  the IMEI  in the field: Equipment Serial Number.   (You can get the IMEI by just dialing *#06# on your phone) 

Do not use an account number and do not fill in the PIN for porting when coming from Petro-Canada Mobility.

However, if it still ask for carrier , since Petro Canada is not on the list , then you will need to open ticket with PM support for process it manually:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Lynnlegros 

ensure that you have received a validation SMS text from your previous service provider, and that you have followed the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.
Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message SMS reply YES
To given the approval to transfer your old number to new provider.

If want to open ticket with Customer Support Agent Chatbot    or by private message > CS_Agent 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lynnlegros 

You don't need customer support to help you with this you can do this within your self serve account.

First ensure that your Petro can mobile account is active. When you access the change number feature in your self-serve account you will need to enter the following information:

• Full name on your Petro can mobile account.
  • Your phone's IMEI#.**
  • Your petrocan mobile phone number to be ported to public mobile.
  • Alternate phone number. (Optional... Use any number you can be reached at like your landline, work, spouse's or other accessible phone number. Although it is definitely will contact you on your alternate number it is also used as an extra verifier within your account and in future when having technical issues you may be contacted on it if you cannot be contacted on your mobile phone number.

Edit:

**This can be found by accessing "About phone" in your phone settings or by dialing *#06# on your phone. (Corrected using account number for a port request as the IMEI is the preferred method for Petro Canada mobile ports.)

Once you send your port request ensure that your petrocan mobile SIM card is in your mobile phone in order to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. If you no longer have your Petro can mobile SIM card you must immediately after requesting the port contact petrocan mobile to verify your account and verbally authorize the port request.

Mobile phone number ports will complete within a few minutes up to a maximum of 2 hours. However if your port request has not completed within approximately a half hour you can call the telus porting department phone number to get an update on your port request and/or correct any information that may have been inputted incorrectly.

When your port completes your Petro can mobile account will be automatically canceled and your petrocan mobile SIM card will cease functioning. All incoming calling will now be routed to your public mobile SIM card/phone.

Welcome to public mobile!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lynnlegros  - did you already activate with a temporary phone number?

edit, or did you try porting through the activation process?

If you are a current customer you may try changing your number (or requesting a port of another provider to your existing public account through your My Account); but if having issues, you may contact CSA as provided in below link.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.