cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a number from Petro Canada Mobility

ha_12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone recently successfully transferred an existing phone number from Petro Canada Mobility to Public Mobile? I am stuck on step 2 because Petro Canada is not listed as an old service provider. It will not let me enter my phone's IMEI number or previous account number until a selection has been made. 

ha_12_0-1623815041519.png

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous Thanks.  I updated my post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

BTW, previously, porting number after activation can be done from a self-serve form without creating a moderator support ticket.  Unfortunately, porting a number requires moderator support now. 

I think that's old news now @popping . The only time moderator assistance is needed now is for Koodo prepaid or PC Mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@ha_12 

Read this post from @popping on how to port your number from petro canada mobility.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Edit:

Keep in mind you must keep the petro-can mobility sim card in your phone to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it.

About 2 years ago, moderator wait time was between 3 - 7 days.  I did not want the long delay after a failed port.  I supply more info as required like my Speakout PIN# to ensure my port request went through smoothly.

BTW, previously, porting number after activation can be done from a self-serve form without creating a moderator support ticket.  Unfortunately, porting a number requires moderator support now.  But the info required to port a Speakout/PetroCanada number are still apply.

@ha_12 

Read this post from @popping on how to port your number from petro canada mobility.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Edit:

Keep in mind you must keep the petro-can mobility sim card in your phone to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

After activating with your account in good standing, things will be easier without the pressure to complete the activation process.  @computergeek541 makes a very good suggestion of activating with a "temporary" number first.

After activating with an account in good standing and if porting/transferring still gives you an issue, you can engage a porting team to help. 

Don't forget to activate with a Referral code from a friend/family member to get $10 credit!  🙂

@ha_12 wrote:

Has anyone recently successfully transferred an existing phone number from Petro Canada Mobility to Public Mobile? I am stuck on step 2 because Petro Canada is not listed as an old service provider. It will not let me enter my phone's IMEI number or previous account number until a selection has been made. 

ha_12_0-1623815041519.png

I suggest activation with a brand new phone number. After you've activated, you can request porting from within your self serve account.  There, you will not be asked about who the old carrier is.  A tip: Use only the IMEI (which the form incorrectly calls Equipment Serial Number). Do not use an account number (and do not fill in the PIN for porting) when coming from Petro-Canada Mobility.

Need Help? Let's chat.