Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

Leeannboss_36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get a punk code ? It has locked my sim. For an iPhone 7.1.2 

4 REPLIES 4

@Triguy wrote:

Send a private message to moderator for the PUK code..

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

@Triguy  Those are no longer the moderator hours also that is not how identity is verified anymore.

Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT)

Verifying that you’re the account owner

When you privately message a Moderator about a question that requires you to verify that you are the account owner, they will reply with a unique link to a secure online form. When you click on this link, you will need to provide either your Public Mobile:

• Self-Serve username and password, or
  • Phone number and 5 digit verification code that you’ll receive to the number provided
  • If you are unable to verify using the options above, our Moderator Team will share an alternative option we have available for you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Send a private message to moderator for the PUK code..

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Leeannboss_36You will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

There response time is as few minutes to 2 days.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Leeannboss_36 wrote:

How do I get a punk code ? It has locked my sim. For an iPhone 7.1.2 

@Leeannboss_36  If you mean PUK, not PUNK then reach out via private message to our support teams. Click this to send them a message

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

To get PUK code, reach out via private message to our support teams. More info here

For future readers that don't have an iphone here is some good info from cappaj from his S7 and the messages he got.

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

Need Help? Let's chat.