cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

@bradbauer Your post has been moved to this thread. Jeremy is trying to aggregate all these issues here. In addition, you posted to an old thread that is almost invisible. It's always best to create your own thread by clicking New Message under one of the topics; "Getting Started for example.

Please read through the last 2 pages of this thread to see what's happening. In particular, please try again after clearing your browser's cache, or with a different browser. When you do that be sure any ad/popup blocker is turned off. If you are still stranded, send a private message to @Shazia_K with the info outlined below. Don’t worry if she is not available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Meanwhile, if your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

If you were planning to transfer a phone number, I suggest you activate with a temporary number. When your service is working, log into your account and initiate the transfer. Review this: Port-in.

Be patient. You can be confident it’s worth the wait for PM to resolve your problem. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Caroline_D
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Winfried

Send a private message to one of our Mods @Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_Oand we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Winfried
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did try using a differed browser to recreate a new account but the SIM gets rejected, if I use the other new SIM for my wife’s phone it rejects my phone number that I used yesterday on my first try. 

rkrk

Oh ok..thanks for the info! I thought Private Message was Private 🙂

But that is a good thing that it goes to the pool..Good to know. Thanks for letting me know.

margosmark

@rkrk Just FYI any private message to the mods you sent, get sent to a pool that they can all respond to according to http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Regardless of who you tag, your question goes into a pool of questions that is distributed to all of our Moderators. This takes all the guesswork out of the process and means that as long as you are tagging or private messaging at least one of the Moderators, you will get a response. For example, if I were to tag @Mary_M during a time where she is not working, but @Saray_O and @Shazia_K are, then I will receive a response from either @Saray_O or @Shazia_K. This also means that tagging all three Moderators is not necessary.

I think just higher demand is keeping the backlogged... I myself am waiting. lalalalala but hpefully it will be worth it 🙂

rkrk

I have been trying to activate my SIM card since yesterday without luck. I am having issues with selecting the Local Area dropdown. Tried it on various browsers, devices, settings..no luck..Extremely frustrating. I sent a PM to Shazia yesterday. Looks like she is on a day off today. I sent another PM with all details to @Mary_M earlier today.

@Mary_M Can you please look into this as soon as you can..Thanks a bunch for your help!

Hello everyone !

If your activations have failed, and your CC has not been charged - please clear your cache/cookies or use another browser and try the activation again.

If your CC has been charged, simply send us the SIM card number in question and we'll look into it.

Should you need assistance porting over your number, please private message one of the moderators (including myself) the number you're porting over along with the account number associated to your old service provider.

There is a current delay in answering, but we'll do our best to help you in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

thedocta

Ported my number from Bell. I cannot receive calls, it goes straight to voice mail.

Whats the issue? I use this phone for business and need it back up ASAP.

Thank you

willmountain90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there,

I tried to port my number over last night to Public. I signed up and was charged $120 for the promo plan, but there doesn't seem to be a record of my number being a valid Public Mobile number yet, my phone doesn't show that it has a phone number but the SIM is connecting to the network. When I try to sign into my account, my information doesn't work, and when I try to reset my password, the email/username is not shown as valid.

Basically I've paid $120 and lost my number and have no idea where my account stands. This is a bit urgent, so please respond!

shirl69205

Hi, I need help activate with Public Mobile!  Thanks!

bradbauer

ya super stuck not sure what the issue is! 

Help asap thanks

@Maran @Spiro So you are both stuck in this bug. Here is my rather long suggestion; Spiro can just check all the necessary info was sent. No matter what else you try do not pay more than once.

Send the information below by private message to @Shazia_K. Don’t worry if she is not available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Meanwhile, if your service is down you can make phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Include this additional info if your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours:

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Please excuse this “boilerplate” approach. There is so much interest in this promo that even the small percentage of customers with problems is substantial.

You can be confident it’s worth the wait for PM to resolve your problem. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Spiro
My account setup also failed. I confirmed with my bank that I was charged for 90 days of Public Mobile service, but I can't access My Account, call, or text. I PMd a mod over four hours ago, and haven't gotten any response. Please help!

Maran
Hi
I have same problem. Please anyone help me

Winfried

My new account setup failed, help please! Same issues as all the other posts

eNdblu
Received an error trying to activate my 2nd sim card
When I try and redo the process, it says invalid sim.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM'ed one of the mod's this morning, still no change from last night regarding incoming calls and texts.

margosmark

Tried to activate my newSIM card and I've got this message at the end:

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href="

" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

When I tried to login to My Account - and I can't

Tried to register a new account - it also failed...

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks,

Mark

shixiao2
Hi I can I activate my account before I got my SIM card on hand? Because my plan right now ends on the 6th, but before that date I'm not going to be able to get my SIM card on hand. And I want to keep my number so I have to activate it before the 6th. Please reply me asap thanks

robertppolson

New user here.

- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

Thanks for submitting your activation request. Your request has been processed. Full details are below.

???

luanjun2004

I need some one help me  with transfering my number from koodo

Vorpal007

Hello,

I tried porting from Rogers yesterday and it seems like I am having issues as well.

After porting I received a text message from PE:

Public Mobile here: The number you want to move to Public Mobile is restricted by a blocking feature...

I called Rogers and everything seemed unblocked except for some texting feature which they unblocked for me just in case PE needed it to port. 

I am able to make calls from my PE phone and it shows my ported number to the caller. But when someone tries to call or even text me it goes to my Rogers SIM still. I tested this by putting my Rogers SIM in my old phone and my PE SIM in my new phone. I can still make calls with my Rogers phone and it shows my number that was supposed to be ported as well.

I filled out a form online and received this: support request (#5907-9410).

I've messaged Shazia_K and am awaiting for a response/resolution.

Thank you!

Natedmd

Hello,

I've tried to activate my SIM, but on the final page of the process where you hit "Activate" and it says your card will be charged, etc - it brought me to a Server Error page - 404 File or Directory Not Found

The charge did go through on my card, but I can't login to my account. And when I tried the reset password option it says you're unable to verify my e-mail address.

If you don't have my e-mail, I can't be sure you have my phone number and I can't be sure my account is there. I've tried the activation process again, but now it won't take my SIM number. How do I verify my account?

Thanks!

lciardullo
Wondering how long I need to wait for a response after sending both an email yesterday and PM this morning. Frustrating having to wait so long for support. Was going to sign up some other family members but will have to wait and see...

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Definitely a porting issue

Ok, send a private message to @Shazia_K or @Mary_M
Include phone number, Koodo account number, full name on Koodo account and SIM number. It might take a few hours for them to get back to you, it's a really busy time right now.

Myhrecory
Hi there. I just moved over to PM yesterday from Fido and am able to send texts and calls and have data but i can't receive calls and only get some peoples texts. My old sim card still works fine though. I'm thinking that it's a port problem. ???

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You've done the right thing, just hold tight for now.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Posting here seeing as I am having the issue as a lot of others. Signed up and activated last night around 6 PM, and getting the same outgoing is working with incoming not.

Already PM'ed Shazia_K this morning and patiently waiting for it to get solved.

lciardullo
PM sent.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey guys, 

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

Sorry  to hear about the activation glitch! 

I can understand the frustration related to this type of issue. All you have to do if you have a similar issue with this one right here: 

-Private message Me, @Mary_M or @Saray_O (only one person)

-Very important please include your Public Mobile SIM card #/ email address used upon activation

- In simple words, just specify that your activation failed

Thank you 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.