cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

splashable
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You are too late for the special $40 plan.  You needed to activate it by Nov. 20th.

More details about your activation probably are necessary for anyone to try to help you here.

Hopefully it will work itself out.

dansam100
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Please help me with the following. I bought the sim card before the Nov 20th deadline. How do I sign up for the 40$ deal?

Additionally, I activated the sim on a regular plan for $42 and I can't seem to activate it cleanly. It tried to send a text message or something to activate the sim card but keeps saying "failed". I can't receive any calls and I can't send text messages.

Could you please help with this?

Thanks.

helloden

It's been 7 days and my phone can't receive calls.

I hope mods see this message.

I've sent private messages to @Mary_M, @Jeremy_M, and @Saray_O.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Unfortunately it's just a waiting game for now. They are definitely making progress.

ltcloc
Hey

I activated my account last Monday and ported my number from Rogers. I am able to use data receive some texts and make only outgoing calls. I created a topic already in another thread asking for Mod help but have not received any. It's almost been a week and I would like to know what I need to do please help @Saray_O

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Contacting mod is the only way to get help as of now, which is bad for service and good for price of service. Hopefully, you guys get help sooner than later.. 🙂

stwsimon
I have had no response whatsoever.

dewni
I've been waiting for over a week for my number to be ported over from bell, and still nothing. The last message I received from someone at public mobile was on Monday Nov 20th. My account at bell mobility has been deactivated since then, and I turn my phone on once or twice a day to see if the port has gone through. I am worried that my phone number had now been lost entirely.

Emmanuel

@xinglingling Yeah I sent a ticket as well but still nothing. I have no old account number as this is a new account.

I'll see what happens. Sucks though as the contract is running but the phone does not.

xinglingling
I was in the same situation as u. But instead of private messaging mod, I created a ticket through get help session. My ticket was resolved after one week. I think they may go by the tickets right now. U can give it a try.
Make sure u give them your old account #.
Good luck!

saje_ward

so @shaunmccabe and @Emmanuel it sounds like there is no way to determine what your current phone number is 😞 My fix wont help you in that situation I am afraid.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this mess.

yiannirouvalis
Been over a week now private msgd 3 mods posted on community board and still no response credit card has been charged 2 times I understand there is a back log due 2 overwhelming demand however over a week seems a tad bit excessive is anyone aware of just how long it will take public mobile to sort out this mess .? @saray_0

stwsimon
**bleep** auto correct. I've been waiting for a week on a stuck port.

stwsimon
I've. Web waiting a week now in a stick port. I know they were overwhelmed by the promotion, but are they making progress?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@misterp can you please elaborate? This is the first I'm of hearing of anything like this. Why wouldn't you qualify for the promo? Did they give you any kind of explanation?

Hellzhavoc
I am unable to receive phone calls or text, but I can make calls and use data. What is the problem?

dmarie

I have unlocked the phone and can now access the network but I still don't have service or access to my self serve account. i attempted to retry the activation form but it gives me an "invalid SIM" error on the first page. Please assist.

Is there a list of moderators someplace?

clavije
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi have you received a text msg stating that you are welcome to PM that the porting was succesful?did you check on PM site if you phone is ok for PUBLIC MOBILE , i see a lot people don't do thatthey buy a phone on kijiji or something like that and if that phone was report lose or stolen it won't work 

Bolado
Sign up using the phone number on the right side. You'll then get a text msg with a verification code.

shaunmccabe

I got the summary email but I also got a generic error on the final step of the activation. I can't seem to login to my self serve account with email that I registered with.

The SIM Card is recognized and says Public Mobile but when I try to text or call it just says my plan doesn't include text or calling.

I was porting from Rogers.

Emmanuel
@saje_ward i have the same issue as @dmarie and my phones unlocked but it stilld doesnt work. I get texts sayin i dont have text or voice calls in my account even though i do. PM'd Mods but still no luck..

misterp
Just a warning to everybody. I signed up for the 120 plan on Nov 14 and got service on Nov 18. My account showed me on the 120 plan. As of yesterday they emailed me and removed it, replacing it with the full price at 186 and being clear that they won't honour the promo price, even though I had it before the promo expired. It was bad enough I had no phone service for five days because of system problems on their end, now that I've signed up I'm not getting the plan anyway.

dmarie

ok good to know thank you

saje_ward

You need to have an unlocked phone to use public mobile. The SIM may work and the error may not be impeeding you. Until you can put the SIM in to an unlocked phone we can't tell.

dmarie

Just did... apparently the phone needs to be unlocked. Would that interfere with activation?

saje_ward

@dmarie have you tried the SIM to see if it works, despite the error message?

dmarie

it does, I recieved a summary of activation as well as the error message. I am porting my old number.

dmarie

ok, thank you.

Bolado
Your email doesn't have the summary of your activation? Are you porting or did you choose a new number?

saje_ward

put the sim card in your phone and make a call to someone with call display or send a text to someone and find out what the number is.

Need Help? Let's chat.