cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on how to switch a PM number to another PM account

aj21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all. I have 2 accounts with PM. "A" and "B".

I want to move the phone # from account "A" to account "B". I don't care if account "A" ends up getting closed.

What is the quickest and best way for me to do this? Can CS_agent do this for me? If not, then is there a way for me to transfer me phone # out from Public Mobile to another carrier (thus closing the account) and then port it back into account "B"?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LitlLdy I did do that, yes.

toxicfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@aj21  grab a lucky mobile sim, Would be the easiest way. $4 plus $16.80 for a month service. Port your account A to lucky and then a few days later or as long as its before the 30 days port account A number back to public mobile account B. Easy and the cheapest way.

Unless you dont care about credit hit then open a account with a larger provider and if you cancel in 14 days (example port out) then you get refunded so would cost you nothing basically.

@dust2dust wrote:

Dollarama has Lucky sims for $4. Lucky belongs to Bell. You might even be able to do it all in a few hours. There was a story here a while ago about somebody that did that.

I think it was @Priority !  Do you remember if you were able to port your Sisters phone number out to Lucky Mobile & right back in? I can’t remember what you said. Sorry!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Dollarama has Lucky sims for $4. Lucky belongs to Bell. You might even be able to do it all in a few hours. There was a story here a while ago about somebody that did that.

@aj21 wrote:

Thanks for the replies both of you. What is the best way to port it out for the cheapest possible? Any suggestions? Is lucky mobile the best? I heard there were issues with 7-eleven's brand (SpeakOut) and porting.

@aj21 , Lucky Mobile is prepaid so no extra charges. Just get the cheapest plan $15 then you can port the number to them. Wait a few days then port the phone number to account B here.

Edit: To add I didn’t like Lucky Mobile so was happy I didn’t leave here to stay with them! 😆 

aj21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies both of you. What is the best way to port it out for the cheapest possible? Any suggestions? Is lucky mobile the best? I heard there were issues with 7-eleven's brand (SpeakOut) and porting.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@aj21 wrote:

Hi all. I have 2 accounts with PM. "A" and "B".

I want to move the phone # from account "A" to account "B". I don't care if account "A" ends up getting closed.

What is the quickest and best way for me to do this? Can CS_agent do this for me? If not, then is there a way for me to transfer me phone # out from Public Mobile to another carrier (thus closing the account) and then port it back into account "B"?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

@aj21 , you can’t port phone numbers within accounts but you can port it out to another carrier like Lucky Mobile then port it into the account you want!

Edit: Make sure your account A is still active so you can port the phone # out & disable autopay (now called subscription) to avoid funds from being taken.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's exactly how to do it. Port out "A" to some other provider for as cheap as possible. Then port it back in to "B". That would lose the current number on "B" of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.