cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

Spyro9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot receive incoming calls and my previous provider (Freedom) continue to bill me stating I have not cancelled my plan. Can someone please help!

p.s. it would be nice if there was a customer service # we could call and speak to a live agent to help with these types of issues. 

6 REPLIES 6

gtom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can chat with a live agent: https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/contact-us; or call them: 1-877-946-3184

Make sure you enter your phone number associated with Freedom, and tell them to cancel your plan.

For your new PublicMobile plan, make sure you are using the SIM card you purchased, and activate online: 
https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Spyro9 

Check out your mailbox.

I sent you a phone number to call about your port request.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

- Did you port your number from Freedom? When?

You cannot have low cost service AND human - live support.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

If you haven’t ported you need to put old freedom card back in the phone go to pm website and start the port you will need your freedom account number to do this and once you request the port freedom should send you a text confirming that you want to port @ that point you have 90 mins to reply YES and once successfully ported your freedom account will close automatically 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Spyro9 

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Did you port you number to pm ? And did you receive confirmation text from freedom that you had 90 mins to reply YES to ? Unfortunately there are no live people to chat with everything is done online but you can get assistance from agents if need be here 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work
Need Help? Let's chat.