cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Now Please

AmandaWilliams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can not use my phone now as I had a great help from one of the community support workers that was working with  the tech to activate 2 accounts for me and we have ported our numbers from another provider and now we have no phones working. I am told our accounts are waiting verification from our text message but we have no service to receive the code we need. PLEASE HELP

8 REPLIES 8

AmandaWilliams

I want to thank everyone for their help to solve my issue. It was with an eSim and the guy I was originally talking to did not give me the s numbers or QR code. It has been fixed. I want to extend the great big thank you. 

AmandaWilliams

thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AmandaWilliams - you need your previous sim cards in phones to receive the port approval text from your old providers. Do you have the old providers sim cards still? Are these mobile numbers or landline/voip numbers you are porting over?

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@AmandaWilliams 

Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have any active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) or remove the physical sim.  Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

AmandaWilliams

thank you for your help it is an eSim

AmandaWilliams

Thank you for your help

jackbiden

I can offer some general advice:

1. Contact Public Mobile Support: Reach out to Public Mobile's customer support as soon as possible to explain the situation. Since you don't have access to your phones, you may need to use an alternative method to contact them, such as email or through their website's live chat (if available). Explain that you have ported your numbers and are awaiting verification but cannot receive the necessary code due to a lack of service.

2. Provide necessary information: When contacting customer support, provide them with all the relevant details, including the account information, phone numbers, and any reference numbers or confirmation emails related to the porting process. This will help them identify and address the issue more efficiently.

3. Seek temporary alternative communication: While you're waiting for the issue to be resolved, consider using alternative means of communication such as a landline phone, email, or messaging apps on other devices (e.g., tablets or computers) to stay in touch with Public Mobile's customer support.

4. Be patient: Resolving account verification issues can sometimes take time, especially during high-demand periods. Public Mobile's support team will work to address the problem as quickly as possible, but it may require some patience on your part.

Remember, I recommend reaching out to Public Mobile's customer support directly for personalized assistance tailored to your specific situation. They are best equipped to resolve account-related issues and provide the necessary guidance to get your phones working again.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AmandaWilliams 

are you activating eSIM or physical sim?

Try to click Reset All network and see if the phone connects to the network

can the phone connect to PM network?  Can you make outgoing calls? 

Need Help? Let's chat.